Chankast 0.2 This Weekend!

Garrofi posted this on the offical Chankast board:

Hi all,

First at all, we wanna announce ElSemi has joint chanka team  He is the programmer of nebula and nebula model 2.

And about chankast, we are gonna release a new chankast version this weekend. You are gonna love the new features:

- more stable, no more random crashes

- better gfx core

- more compatibility

- speed improvements

- cable selector

- new pad support

- and a lot of more features

Garrofi

woohoo! Can't wait to get soul calibur, DOA2 and shenmue working :(

Im probably the only person not estatic about chankast...why is this? Maybe its because I own a dreamcast. I don't know, im pretty sure gryphon and k dash both have dc but why are you guys so excited?

Im not trying to be a party pooper but...yeah.

Im probably the only person not estatic about chankast...why is this? Maybe its because I own a dreamcast. I don't know, im pretty sure gryphon and k dash both have dc but why are you guys so excited?

Because its an advancement in the world of emulation, and a pretty big one too. And this also brings the emulation of NAOMI and Atomiswave closer.

I can't run Chankast on my computer but its still an important thing to other people and to the emulation scene.

I'm kinda in the same boat with you, but meh....it benefits the emulation scene like Mr. G said.

Edited by Agozer

oh come on, it is a gr8 step in emulation, some time ago if you asked about a dc emulator people first flamed you and then said forget about getting it started in less than 10 years. Then all of suden some guy comes with some emulator that rocks while others have been working a lot and didn´t released anything.

What did you expect?

I still play my dreamcast. I don't even use Chankast on my computer anyways. I use it to test games basically. I have no current plans to replace my dreamcast with it. I prefer to play my games on a nice 27" TV then my 15" monitor.

Anyways, it's an advancements in both console and arcade emulation. This is as close as we can get to CPS3-like games.

I guess you are right, sorry for spoiling the fun. I don't really see a need for emulation passed the N64. Console wise that is...mainly because you can never really replace the actual system with an emulated version. I hear a lot of people hollering and hooting and running games like CvS2 with glitches and speed issues, when i've been playing the game in its perfect form for more than a year now.

I guess its just me, I have too many games now and actually forget the joy of getting newer emulation in my grasp.