What's Lag?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lag means when the animation isn't sync with the buttons your press....aka there's a visible lag the button press and actual command execution execution when it should happen instantly.

Edited by Agozer

Agozer is right but there are two kinds of lags.

One is regular lag depending on your connection which is what Agozer explained above

That's the oney Cinder thought I had and he said theres no lag in a online java/flash game which is true

The one I had is called Frame Lag and happens when your computer gets slow and your programs take longer to run and programs start to get choppyish from lack of resources.

Frame lag is really really gay :P

in a online java/flash game which is true

The one I had is called Frame Lag and happens when your computer gets slow and your programs take longer to run and programs start to get choppyish from lack of resources.

Frame lag is really really gay :P

I get this quite often, thanks to low RAM. As you said, it's really really gay. :P

yep lag sucks, especially if you're trying to level up in RAGNAROK and you cast FIRE WALL "MAGE SKILL" and the server lags and it takes hella days for the firewall to come out and the monster kills you *nod* :rolleyes:

Another good defination of the online lag is, when your shooting at somebody and they randomly disspear.5 seconds later.

I lag a lot in D2. Which is sad, because NO computer should suck enough to lag in D2. And D2 lag is nasty. You'll be attacking normally, and it'll look that way, but when you realize they're health isn't going down, you know you've been screwed.

Few seconds later (or in my case 10-20), a message pops up saying something like

"You have died"

"You've lost * gold"

"Press esc to continue"

And then I get pissed at it (This happens a few times a minute for me sometimes) and go back to my firm reliable consoles.

Another good defination of the online lag is, when your shooting at somebody and they randomly disspear.5 seconds later.

yeah, and the next thing you see in an FPS game is a lying down view - dead :(

oh, and at the same time, you see your enemy teleport like the characters in DragonballZ in case of a really bad lag.