Smells Like Burnt Rubber Bands

Well... let me tell you guys what happened..

I was checking my e-mail and blah blah blah i then decided to get a glass of water.... I come back and my computer was off for some reason... :-D

soo... i tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on, i also smelled some BURNED RUBBER BANDS, so i was like hmmm....

I opened my computer up and i saw no smoke so it's like, wtf this is hella stupid

-. -;

does anyone know why my system won't turn back on? friends say it could be "power supply box" or processor blew up :unsure:

but if that were the case wouldn't the inside of my computer be like all smokey :blink:

*confused*

- H E L P!

- Thanks

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

Uh, well, the powersupply may have gone poofy since thats what I smelled when mine went out on me.

Uh, well, the powersupply may have gone poofy since thats what I smelled when mine went out on me.

hmm... are power supply hecka expensive?

or should i like buy another pc or somthing

Open your computer up and sniff around till you find where the smell is the strongest.

But I don't think the processor would smell like burnt rubber bands...

If your computer isn't turning back on then it probably is the power supply. If the was the processor atleast the fans would turn on.

EDIT: Powersupplies cost about 30-60 bucks.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Open your computer up and sniff around till you find where the smell is the strongest.

But I don't think the processor would smell like burnt rubber bands...

If your computer isn't turning back on then it probably is the power supply. If the was the processor atleast the fans would turn on.

EDIT: Powersupplies cost about 30-60 bucks.

kay kay,

THANKS EVERYONE! i gues i have to go shopping @ FRY'S ELECTRONICS or somthing :-D

do i like take out my power supply and have them find the same one or buy a new one? :unsure:

You'll have to take out the power supply eventually. Just make sure you buy one of the same power. I think all power supplies have the same dimensions so anyone would fit. But you can take it out and show it to the people at Fry's but be wary, they will try to sell you the most expensive one.

Get a new one, maybe 300W or around 290W. Should run cheap considering they are cheap to begin with (at least the lower voltage ones)