OK, here's another curveball.

I looked into the speedpig.dll using a hex editor and there was no instance of coding what so ever. I downloaded the latest *fixed* release also. So when will it be 100% complete, when there's actual programming in it?

Technically, I don't know why you looking at it at a hexeditor. Speed Pig, stated in here or in another thread, simply just makes your computer run faster in a sense. If you want to know about Speed Pig, contact the creator.

Yes, the clock speed, this is the fishiest part of the whole thing imo.. I will explain in a moment.

I have answered your other questions on the official Chankast Forum. Please read if you havent already.

On your motherboard you have a 14 mhz crystal, just like the one in an everyday wristwatch. It gives your computer some sense of time. The signal from this crystal is fed through a series of chipsets (PLL-ICs) that modify and distribute this time signal to all the components in your pc. This picture is a simple illustration on how it works. The ones on the left with the gray lines are "static" they should not be changed, and the ones with the red lines are "dynamic" as in they can relatively safely be modified while the pc is running. This is what Nvidia tools and Clockgen do, and they give you a great amount of control and safety in doing it.

By modifying the "clock generator IC" that the crystal's signal is fed into, with a software hack, or manually on the board, one can change the speed of all the components in the pc, effectively overclocking or underclocking. I have done this first hand. Back in the days of the linux 2.4.x kernel, I had a pc that mysteriously had a fast running clock and a keyboard that would start repeating instantly. It turned out to be a bug in the kernel, and to fix it without recompiling, one could simply set the proper frequency for the PLL IC on startup. This is what I did.

There are only 2 ways to make the system clock run at a different speed. The first one is to add or subtract a certain amount of time to the current clock value, and set the current time to the result at a regular interval, which is pretty lame and pointless, so i will assume you have not done this. The other way is by hacking the clock generator, which i assume you have done, because of the other reported effects of speed pig (ie. keyboard repeating, increased performance, increase in temperature).

Please note in the diagram in the second link that the speed for the clock and other components on the left is static which means that NONE of them should EVER be modified, as they are prone to causing undesired effects. This is why the clock thing bothers me. Your replies have cleared any doubt in my mind that this program modifies system clock speeds. So... we have the FSB, the realtime clock, and the Super IO, what other speeds have you modified? Maybe all of them, who knows, so it can be extra fast.

Please change from the defensive stance and give an adequate explanation of how this program works, so that users can be aware of any possible risks.