Classic Doom On Nightmare Difficulty

Well look what's new, I'm addicted to Doom again. I found this great program, which lets you play classic Doom with so many new features, the ability to jump, look up and down, and most importantly, supports amped up graphics so you get all of these really cool lighting effects, play in really high res, and so on. It brings Classic Doom back to life!!! :unsure:

Anyway, the only thing I haven't done in ye olde Dooms is to finish them on Nightmare. I just cant' handle the respawn. :D

So I was wondering...do you think it is possible? Do you know anyone who has completed the games on nightmare? Or is it impossible? Any relevant hints, tips, or faqs that you know of?

Many thanks, guys.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember downloading this last year and playing through Doom again. Great times. It's a pity that cheats don't work in Nightmare mode...otherwise I would have beaten it. But I'm sure some hardcore players who have nothing better to do have done it before with the help of massive saving and loading.

Quick saving & loading is your friend. :unsure:

I've seen a video where some guy beats Doom 2 on nightmare(or Ultra-Violent, don't remember, both are still as hard as fighting against a brick wall) in 14.41 minutes.

I've seen a video where some guy beats Doom 2 on nightmare(or Ultra-Violent, don't remember, both are still as hard as fighting against a brick wall) in 14.41 minutes.

It would be even greater if you'd provide a link.

Definitely. But Doom II in 14 minutes on the hardest setting...that is true skill. I'm sure he just went right past most of the enemies but its still awesome. In Duke 3D I can't even get close to the par time or the 3DRealms time but that's because I take my time to explore and look for everything.

Demos and others can be found here

http://www.geocities.com/e6y/doom.html

Unlike the Quake 2 Done Quick with a Vengence, which had runners. Doom 2 beaten in 14.41 Minutes was done by 1 person.

Demos and others can be found here

http://www.geocities.com/e6y/doom.html

Unlike the Quake 2 Done Quick with a Vengence, which had runners. Doom 2 beaten in 14.41 Minutes was done by 1 person.

Dammit! Now I want to go home so I can watch those videos!! For some reason this Mac doesn't ever show video, just audio and it won't auto download any codecs. This thing uses Mediaplayer 7.1!!! What a piece of junk!

Definitely. But Doom II in 14 minutes on the hardest setting...that is true skill. I'm sure he just went right past most of the enemies but its still awesome. In Duke 3D I can't even get close to the par time or the 3DRealms time but that's because I take my time to explore and look for everything.

My friend simply owns when it comes to speed runs in Duke Nukem 3D, but he shamelessly uses the various glitches found in the game and the Build engine.

Their demos taken from INGAME. So you have to know the commandline to play them in doom.

There should be a video floating around. If there isn't. I'll re-encode it and upload it later once my host fixes a stupid login bug error.

No if you're the hulk.

Their demos taken from INGAME. So you have to know the commandline to play them in doom.

There should be a video floating around. If there isn't. I'll re-encode it and upload it later once my host fixes a stupid login bug error.

Oh really? I didn't read that they were ingame demos. Now I definitely can't play them here.

After I beat DN3D again, I'm going to do the speed runs. But I'm actually in the mood the play Duke Nukem 2, one of the greatest side scrollers ever. I wonder if there is a Win32 port of that game otherwise I'll have to use DosBox (which I have installed but never used).