sugarplums are dancing in my head...

ME!

man, is my heart racin. the talk around work is that the christmas bonus this year is going to be huge. so huge, that after buying everyone a present, i will still have enough left over for myself.:$$$: guess what im getting. A NINTENDO GAMECUBE!!!!!!!! :D man, is that ever going to be sweet. :D now i know some of you are like, "what!? what about a ps2 or x-box?" sure, those systems have better graphics, etc etc. but im looking for more than that. the first is, ofcourse the Nintendo name. now how could you go wrong with nintendo i ask? my friend has all three of the new systems. he lets me borrow the ps2 or x-box anytime i want. but for some reason, he wont let me borrow his gamecube. :D that tells me alot. :D second thing, are the titles available. mario sunshine, pickmon, sonic battle, batman, batman 2(coming soon), all the star wars titles, resident evil, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON... 8) and im not intrested in playing dvds on my gaming system. i have a dvd player. so that means nothing to me. now, i know i may get ripped on for saying this, but the ps2 and x-box seem to alike to me. im sorry, but its true. now the gamecube stands out. im not just talking about the way it looks. even though, i do think it looks pretty cool. im talking about evrything else. titles, graphics, gameplay, sound etc. by the way, i really appreaciate you guys letting me vent. im just excited. :flame: so, anyone getting a gamecube for christmas also? or is someone maybe getting an x-box or ps2? please share, along with your reasons for getting the particular system. im all ears. :flame:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

I plan on getting one this weekend with a copy of Metroid Prime.

Psst if you looked at detailed specs for the three systems, you would know that the Gamecube is more powerful in every hardware aspect than the PS2. And the Xbox is not custom components, but off the shelf PC parts. (The only thing allowing the Xbox the horsepower, is the lack of a PC Operating System.........but it is technically more powerful)

I want an Xbox too, but never getting a PS2.

P.S. You ARE too excited, this belongs in Current Affairs no? lol

Cool!  

I plan on getting one this weekend with a copy of Metroid Prime.  

oh yeah! :D that game looks as straight as hell. definately on my list.

P.S. You ARE too excited, this belongs in Current Affairs no? lol

i thought about that, but i decided to put it in here. my reason, current affairs has too many posts, and this section has too few. any imformation avaiable for these systems, emulation wise, is few and far between. but i think it could go in either section.

You easliy made the right choice by getting a Gamecube.

I have a Gamecube and an Xbox and my Xbox has been collecting dust for weeks because all the good games have dried up at the moment. There is some good stuff coming next year though plus if I get broadband I might get Xbox live.

The way I see it, this is the reason you should buy each console:

Gamecube: Get one of these if you want a low quantity of games but with more high quality games than crap ones. Best buy right now.

Xbox: Get this if you love online gaming because MS are spending $2 billion on that Xbox live sucker. In 6 months time, this will be a much better buy than it is now, due to lots of sweet games coming.

PS2: Get this if you want Lots of low quality crap games and a few high quality ones. Or basically if you want to play the GTA or Squaresoft games. NTSC version is nice apart from all games having jaggies. PAL version sucks because you get 50Hz mode games that are slow and have huge borders.

When does stupid England get the Metroid Prime release?

we get it 1st of January :D I can't wait!

Xbox: Get this if you love online gaming because MS are spending $2 billion on that Xbox live sucker. In 6 months time, this will be a much better buy than it is now, due to lots of sweet games coming.

cool. is the gamecube going to have its own online gaming network aswell? i thought i heard something about that. maybe not for a while though huh? it would be way cool if it does. :)

also, i want to comment on a certain game for the gamecube, star wars bounty hunter. now is this the coolest game you have ever seen or what? :) personally, as a kid i always chose to be boba fett when my friends and i would play star wars. i thought he was the coolest by far. sure, jango is no boba, but hey, he's the next best thing right? i hope the game is as good as it looks and as good as i have read. definately it will then be one of my first buys. first four games i think i will buy :

1-mario sunshine

2-batman

3-resident evil

4-bounty hunter

:D

See.......I don't lie.

I just bought a Platinum cube, mem card and Metroid Prime like 1/2 an hour ago!

Told ya I would.

Oh BTW..........see ya'll in like a month or two, after I get sick of playing Prime.....over and over and over. lol