Ss0 - Ukyo

I know this game is a little old, but it kind of grew on me after the KOF2k3 and SVC hype wore out.

So, anyone here good with Ukyo? I find him a really difficult character to play well, even against the CPU (long hangtime, few specials, poor recovery on many moves etc). Presently, the only thing I find useful abt him is standing/crouching A. My entire gameplan these days involves standing/crouching A, plus the occasaional throw and stand B. Specials are almost never used. Is there any other good style of play with this guy?

Be defensive and careful, always attack in suprise and at correct moments. Depending on how good you are with him, he is practically good in the air (it's strange, but he is, his Hiken Tsubame Gaeshi is a perfect air attck/air to air counter). His various sword release attacks in the air are really helpful. His Hiken Sasameyuki is rediculisly powerful if you catch your oppodent off gaurd and hit him with the Heavy Slash version.

His Tsubame Rokuren DM is practically one of the hardest to hit in the game. Not the button combonation, but the timing it self on the move, your bound to get blocked several times before even hitting it. Not only that, it levels you wide open on the rebound if they block it.

Thats all I know from personal experience by using him.

Yes, the Gaeshi is good. Problem is his jumps are awefully slow and I tend not to take to the air with him. So I don't get too many chances with that move. Same thing with the air slashes. Furthermore, all his specials (including the DM) leave him very wide open for punishment if blocked. The thing I don't get is why some of the tier rankings rate him very highly. There has to be something else good or effective with him to be rated this highly.

I wonder how my self, there must be more to it then just his normals.

Although his jumping kick does hit twice.

You need "strats"? Are you a musician looking for some guitars or something? :lol:

Hehe, I completely missed that. ;)

But I always play more defensive with Ukyo and I jump a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

uh...

anybody here meditate much?

mu-no-koitchi is pretty damn cool :lol:

mebbe I spelled the above wrong, don't kill me.

uh...

I almost never meditate when playing against a human opponent.

I've seen some match vids, apparently Meditate is really helpful.

uh...

I almost never meditate when playing against a human opponent.

I've seen some match vids, apparently Meditate is really helpful.

I know. Ukyo is deadly when enlightened. I take back what I say about him sucking. It's just that my matchups using Ukyo consists of mainly standing/crouching As and Bs, which do not knockdown and thus depriving a safe opportunity for meditating.