Dolwin Gc Emu

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess it depends on what your definition of "works" is. take a look at the bottom of the first screenshot on that page. see how it says FPS:4. thats 4 frames per second. not very fast. so, does it work? id say yes, its possable. does it works like nes emulation works? not by a long shot. i got some good news for you though. you can get a cube for 99 bucks now. so go nuts.

but, ive already got a GC... why would i spend the money on a second one?

well, thats a good question. being that most people who are intrested in gamecube emulation, dont actually own one, i assumed you didnt either. on a personal note, i detest gamecube emulation, aswell as ps2, and xbox. infact, its not emulation, its theivery. thats why i advised you to buy one. now, the fact that you DO own one, and are still intrested in its emulation, is not much better. although, thats your prerogative. i for one love nintendo, and dont want to see it one day destroyed, due to such acts. i dont mean to flame you, thats just my reasoning for my previous statement.

well, thats a good question. being that most people who are intrested in gamecube emulation, dont actually own one, i assumed you didnt either. on a personal note, i detest gamecube emulation, aswell as ps2, and xbox. infact, its not emulation, its theivery. thats why i advised you to buy one. now, the fact that you DO own one, and are still intrested in its emulation, is not much better. although, thats your prerogative. i for one love nintendo, and dont want to see it one day destroyed, due to such acts. i dont mean to flame you, thats just my reasoning for my previous statement.

all emulation is technically stealing. you can't measure theft in degrees.

Edited by ovalprocess

all emulation is technically stealing. you can't measure theft in degrees.

im not. emulation was created for preservation purposes. what emulation "has become" during the past several years, is beside the point. here's an example of my logic...

emulating old atari games that no one is presently making money off of, meaning the developers. GOOD!

emulating newly released gamecube, ps2, xbox, arcade games etc, which developers are still making money from. BAD!

what good is owning the rights to a title, if its just gonna sit there on a shelf collecting dust for a decade or two. that's why emulation was created, and that's the only reason why i am involved in it.

Emulation, actually, is using a program to cause one computer system to behave like another. I fail to see how that is stealing.

ME: Pirating currently available games is wrong, but what on Earth is wrong with taking an academic interest in gamecube emulation, as a matter of technical curiosity?

What ME said is right. Emulation is ment as a digital preservation purpose. Same with E-Books.

ME:  Pirating currently available games is wrong, but what on Earth is wrong with taking an academic interest in gamecube emulation, as a matter of technical curiosity?

only because that information can be easily corrupted. show a person how to make dynamite. i truely doubt they will ONLY, then, use it in a constructive sense. for example, industrial mining and what have you.

with emulating a system that has been abandoned and/or taken off the market, well, you can then really do no harm. doing the same with a system that is currently being sold and what not, well, you already know my answer to that. :lol: