Dolwin Gc Emu

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P  -confused-    :P

Confused by me? It's simple, you can't say that stealing things isn't hurting anyone just because you weren't going to buy them in the first place.

Here's another analogy:

Try going into an expensive restauraunt, ordering the most expensive thing on the menu, eating it, and walking out. Don't leave any money or a tip. When the chef and half the staff tackles you, just explain to them that there's no way you would have paid their prices in the first place, so they aren't losing anything by giving it to you for free. Watch as they laugh at your absurdity and call the police, or beat you to a bloody pulp.

This is essentially the excuse used in the quote above. "I wouldn't have paid them for it, so they aren't losing my money if I take it for free."

hmmmmm.... I see..... your right. I shouldn't say this but everyone is doing it. I know someone will say if everyone jump off cliff would you do it. I like to test the game before i buy it, thats why i download iso's and roms.

Right, I'm not saying I've never done it, but it's not right to try and justify it with false logic. I mean, don't try to lie to yourself and everyone else, when you do this, you are denying someone the compensation they deserve for their hard work.

Now, the "try before you buy" mentality is not so bad, in my opinion. Yes, it's still legally wrong, and you're not really supposed to get to try it unless there's a demo available. However, if there's no demo and I'm actually willing to buy a game if I like it (BEFORE it's in the bargain bin), I don't feel as bad.

Out of print titles are another fuzzy area, especially those which are still owned by someone, which is most of them. If the company is dead and the rights no longer exist, fine, no one is losing anything. However, if the company is still around, they could potentially still make money off of the title. Take the Midway's Arcade Treasures line, for example.

• 9 months later...

I think people who believe in using a emulator is same as stealing is probably a victim of capitalism. Yes, you are right about eating the apple and not paying for it is wrong, however, it can't be denied that what America, big business like mattel,Bandi,konami,define what is wrong. US Government set out laws to protect us, the common ciztens, are indeed not protecting our interest but help boost corporation business. A good example would be US Government have us,Americans, believe that trying to force our way of life in other country is correct. If you think about it, it really wasn't to liberate "that country" but to have big corprations make money. Rather, then really believing what you think is right, the corporation have made up your mind. Using your definition provide by corpartions ,capitalism, as term to generalize what you believe is right isn't right at all. Someone people actually believe taking a apple and not paying for it is the right thing to do( look at the middle east). Just because one country think its wrong, doesn't mean every other country think it is wrong. Anyways, I probably going to get flame for my notion.

P.S. I think you have a point about emulator should be use as a way to play games that are never going to be made again. However, this notion is naive. Come on, are you telling me that if you see a free apple, you aren't going to take a bite. It is human nature to be greedy. Look at World War 1, the whole war wasn't about defending human rights but for the corprations to make back their money.

Was that rant really necessary considering the age of this particular thread? It's nice that you think about this stuff, but do not make waking up the dead as your pasttime just yet.

• Robert locked this topic