Nintendo Screwed Its Loyal Fans

i think so. look gba came out millions bought it. then gba sp came out the same people again bought it. now theres a new gb comin out again the same people are gonna buy it.and look at the gc nintendo are comin out with a new system the same people are gonna buy that.i thank god i didnt buy a gba or the gc.but i will buy its new system and a psp.i fell sorry for those who bought everything nintendo came out these couple of years.

I sorta agree...At least Nintendo should take a longer break before designing a new system, but they just *had to* start competing against the PSP and Playstation 3.

Nintendo is actually the only company sticking to original gaming roots. They believe you don't need all those flashy medias to make a console, They want to make a gaming system. See that? A gaming system. Not a mulitimedia one like Sony and Xbox.

I agree with you buddy. But there are a lot of people who like all that flashy stuff. I feel sorry for Nintendo, they want to stick to their roots and do things their way, but it also gives the impression that Nintendo is making games for themselves and hoping people will like it, instead of making games directly for the people.

All in all, they need some killer software big time. Its been awhile since Nintendo introduced something fresh and appealing. Come on, we been all waiting for this. Im not talking about another mario or pokemon. Something really new.

I've just been dissapointed by Nintendo so many times, I wait and wait and I get games like Pikmin and Animal Crossing, which are good games in a sense, but I get booed and taunted at school by the devil may cry's and the Gran Turismo's.

Lets hopefully they regain the market with their next console that says it will be something to look forward too.

If things would go the way I wanted them to, consoles would be for gaming purposes only; no broadband adapters, HDDs, DVD playback and all that stuff.

The DVD playback in the PS2 is a good thing because I wouldn't have a DVD player otherwise...but seeing how the prices of DVD players keep dropping, that will be obsolete soon anways.

Edited by Agozer

The problem with Nintendo, well, at least the one I see, is that it has failed to create new innovations. They take their standard franchises of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, and others and milk them for all they are worth and then some.

That is key to their failure. Nintendo is really only interested in keeping those already addicted to their franchises in their hands; they fail to realize that there are new gamers out there with new tastes and new ideas.

People want the DVD playback, the CD playback, the 5.1's and your DTS. Nintendo doesn't care.

Anon.