Addicted Again

Hey guys. This is just question I'm going to throw out there. I just got back to being addicted to vidoe games. I though I kiced the habit after 10th grade. I was like no more I gotta concentrate on my studies and so forth. Let's say those years were the most boring and busy periods of my life. But since this summer started I got hooked again. The addiction started slowly but surely. First I was just d/l nintendo games, then super nintendo then I thought aww this is fun how about sega genesis games. Before you know I'm d/l 700mb iso for Playstation one. ARGHH!!! God I'm like a freaking video game whore now. But anyway, the reason for this post is do you guys find it that you can't get work done when video games are part of your routine or do you find it that it doesn't bother you at all. I find it to be a mix bag. But wanted to know what you guys thought. bye.

Supression of gaming is wrong. Please take a healthy dose of gaming regularly for 30 minutes to an hour.

I wouldn't say video games totally overide everything else for me, such as homework. I'd like to say that I achieve a pretty decent balance between work and play. Just last night, I was typing an extremley boring and tedious essay, and every now and again, say every half hour or so, I would boot up GTA3 and give it a whirl. I swear, killing drug barons and assassinating targets for the Yakuza really helped me destress after so much monotonous typing!

When I've got crap to do that is really pressing (Ie due in a few days) games don't get in the way, and if I try to slack off I'll just start panicking so I have to work or I won't enjoy the slacking off, no matter WHAT game I play. But games may cause me to start my school-work later than I normally would have, so yeah :rolleyes:

Psh, who needs work, seriously. I get by fine without doing anything. It just takes some summer school. If I didn't have to do my homework I'd be acing my classes. But because of some sissy losers who don't like taking tests, homework is now the majority of my grades. One test actually got replaced with frickin' POETRY!!! Pissed me off.

My schoolwork suffer only a little because of my addiction to the PS2 (and this board I might add), but I wouldn't call it severe. I always do my assignments on time and get pretty good grades out of them too.

heh, i on the other hand have been addicted to GETTING games recentley, i cant stop getting them! but its starting to slow down now, i have almost quadtroupled my game collection in the last few months, but now its time to play away like crazy!!

Man it was worth it, Summer Vacation this year is going to RULE!!

Although im not too satisfied with my grades :/ i might repeat my senior year even though i did pass