The Best Pc-e Games

Thanks Sane, but on DC++ for Dynastic Hero you have all these small rar files... what do i do with them, and theres only.r9 to.r17? Is that all of them?

Those parts of the whole archive. Open the first RAR with WinRAR and it should extract the rest automatically. However, it's quite odd that the lowest number is r009...It should start with a rar, followed by r01 - *

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a selfextracting archive,.exe,.r00, r01.......r17. Just double click the exe and it will extract. I don't know why you only saw.r09 to r.17 though, PM me on DC++ if it stays like that.

Hi, I maintain that fantasyanime.com site you linked to previously. I have some questions. I am unfamiliar with your topic of conversation about the hubs and their ability for you to download TG16-CD ISOs. Can you please give me an explanation about it and how people would go about setting themselves up for it? And if I may, I would like to post this information in my website so that others can be enlightened. I don't care for this for my personal sake (I already own all those games), but this hub thing sounds like a wonderful free alternative for others who don't want to fork up the cash to purchase the games through online auctions or $$$ emu sites.

Edited by amitrius17

Hi, I maintain that fantasyanime.com site you linked to previously. I have some questions. I am unfamiliar with your topic of conversation about the hubs and their ability for you to download TG16-CD ISOs. Can you give me please give me an explanation about it and how people would go about setting themselves up for it?

Well, I'll give some rough guidelines (othe rcan fill in more details if they wish):

First, people need a DC++ client. A good one is, well DC++. :P

Start the program and set the username and share directories, etc. in the preferences. Then connect to a server (like the Emu Rom Hub at emu.servegame.com) via the Public Hubs button or then by adding servers to the Favorites window.

Think of it a bit like IRC, excpet at a much bigger scale. Most hubs have strict rules on what people can and cannot share + a minimum amount of shared files in gigabytes.

Thank you for replying. I see, so this hub thing is a type of file-sharing network. Okay, so people need to download a DC++ client and set up servers via Public Hubs. I have some more questions.

- Is this Emu Rom Hub at emu.servegame.com server the only one that contains TG16-CD ISOs? Is there perhaps a list somewhere with all of the TG16-CD ISO servers?

- Are there any servers that have Sega CD ISOs?

- Where are the rules you spoke about? Does DC++ prompt you the rules when you connect to a server?

- A minimum amount of shared files in gigabytes..? Does that mean people need to already have a decent collection of TG16-CD ISOs in order to participate? If so, do they -have- to be TG16-CD ISOs? Could they be ISOs for other systems?

- I know for a fact that people will have trouble with this. Do you know of any forums or any other helpful resources that I can direct people to for help?

Edited by amitrius17

Thank you for replying.  I see, so this hub thing is a type of file-sharing network.  Okay, so people need to download a DC++ client and set up servers via Public Hubs.  I have some more questions.

- Is this Emu Rom Hub at emu.servegame.com server the only one that contains TG16-CD ISOs?  Is there perhaps a list somewhere with all of the TG16-CD ISO servers?

- Are there any servers that have Sega CD ISOs?

- Where are the rules you spoke about? Does DC++ prompt you the rules when you connect to a server?

- A minimum amount of shared files in gigabytes..? Does that mean people need to already have a decent collection of TG16-CD ISOs in order to participate? If so, do they -have- to be TG16-CD ISOs?  Could they be ISOs for other systems?

- I know for a fact that people will have trouble with this. Do you know of any forums or any other helpful resources that I can direct people to for help?

I might have been a bit off by saying that you can connect to a server via the Public Hubs window....It should a huge list of public hubs and you can also enter a server address manually. However, most people I know use the Favorite Hubs windows to make a list of their own hubs.

For Sega stuff, there's the Classic Sega Hub.

Some hubs might show the rules automatically, but usually one can see the rules by typing '+rules' when connected to a hub.

I don't think it matter too much if you share other stuff than just PC-E games. The different hubs are there to help people find the right stuff faster.

Check this links for some more info: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showforum=51

Edited by Agozer

Alright. Thanks, Agozer! I feel comfortable enough with the information to create a new section in my site about hubs. Can I PM you when I finish it? I would like you to look over it to make sure I've gotten all my hub facts straight.

Alright.  Thanks, Agozer! I feel comfortable enough with the information to create a new section in my site about hubs. Can I PM you when I finish it? I would like you to look over it to make sure I've gotten all my hub facts straight.

Yes, you may. btw, Mr. G....What is Classic Sega's address?

Edited by Agozer

Alright.  Thanks, Agozer! I feel comfortable enough with the information to create a new section in my site about hubs. Can I PM you when I finish it? I would like you to look over it to make sure I've gotten all my hub facts straight.

Yes, you may. btw, Mr. G....What is Classic Sega's address?

classicsega.homeunix.com

It's also possible to search files via keywords when you are connected to a hub, or you can get a listing of a specific users file just by right-clicking a name in the online users list.