Best Dvd Player Ever

Well, ive been gone for awhile again, because i got this!

http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c...uctId=DVP642_17

A DVD player? woopdeedoo you say! Actually its really sweet, It plays TONS of formats, and has played every video i threw at it flawlessley!!!! DivX, MPEG4, etc. Get the update online burn it, and do that, and it should play everything! I only had a problem with one incredibly messed up video i had that was in horrible quality but after i installed the update it worked perfectly. Only problem i had was it switched to PAL after i installed the update, but it was easy to switch back.

It supports PAL AND NTSC obviously.

It has one of the sharpest image qualities i have ever seen, The only downfall i see to this DVD player is it only goes up to 480P, but its extremley sharp up to that, probably the best ive seen.

I got mine for only 70 bucks at wal-mart.

This DVD player is like the movie pirates dream, same with the importers dream! Why?

Open the disc tray, When the DVD player is booted up, on the remote press 7 then 8 then 9, then press OK, then press 0, then press OK

Your player is now Region Free!

Its also very very thin, its kinda long, but its very thin which i think makes up for it, no stupid flimsey drive tray like alot of other DVD players too.

Woo sorry if this seems kinda rushed, i have movies to watch!

Ummm...not to burst your bubble, but a modded xbox also has that same ability, sure a used one maybe $120 but then again you're getting an "box" as well as a "linux pc" if wanted but i wont get into that, plus the rom games and stuff.

Hrmmm.... what to do, what to do... I've already got a Mini-ITX motherboard with 256 megs of RAM here; I was so looking forward to making a nice, small, quiet HTPC... looks like I'll have to make a CarPC with it instead.

Yeah... that would work... then I could just go wardriving without lugging a laptop around. :blink:

yeah i know, but for 70 bucks new, its a great deal

I dont want to mod my Xbox yet unless i get another one cheap, and i cant always be on the computer to watch movies, so this was awsome for me :lol:

Plus if you have a home theatre system, this would be cool!

It works with those DivX on demand discs too if you get the update

Edited by Shibathedog

Ummm...not to burst your bubble, but a modded xbox also has that same ability, sure a used one maybe $120 but then again you're getting an "box" as well as a "linux pc" if wanted but i wont get into that, plus the rom games and stuff.

:D wow, now i know that i am soooo getting an X-box.

I will psot up to let you know when i have it... :lol:

mm k'dash i actually was thinking of doing that

I know im going to do 1 of the following 3...

Start to build a computer from scratch/buy a poopie one and upgrade it alot, just for fun

Make one of those home theatre jobbies

Make a MAME cabinet

? how does your dvd player play avis. do u just put as many movies u can fit into a cdr and just play it or what. and do u burn the cdr as a data cd or vcd.

Man! The xbox does all that, except it's not as cheap as one of those dvd players but for all you xbox owners it plays all that stuff divx, xvid, mpegs, avi. It's gangster.

There are DVD players out there that can play DivX(regularly encoded under the.avi file extention) and Xvid(ditto with divx) also.