Cps-3 Emulator

Anyways, if you people want CPS3, go get your self a PCB, and try to dump it without the encryption chip frying.

Hahahaha...That'll show 'em.

Hahahaha...That'll show 'em. :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon... but seriously is CPS-3 the only one that's so hard to dump, with such sensitive encryption chips etc etc?

Yeah. Anyone who has ever dumped a CPS3 pcb has ended up somehow frying the encryption chip.

Well IMO CPS3 isnt gonna come any F*$%ing time soon,cuz well Chankast is out,and theres painfully few cps3 games, as for Naomi....well that'd be pretty awesome,and id say a naomi emu will be out before a CPS3,and Atomiswave emulation would make me the happiest man alive KOF2004 BABY HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!(and Guilty Gear Isuka!!!).but I think Naomi will come out in the near future,Atomiswave.......iunno, one of the reasons SNKP stopped Neo Geo support was pirating issues and stuff,so maybe if the stars come together and the will of the gods comes into play, it will happen

Well IMO CPS3 isnt gonna come any F*$%ing time soon,cuz well Chankast is out,and theres painfully few cps3 games, as for Naomi....well that'd be pretty awesome,and id say a naomi emu will be out before a CPS3,and Atomiswave emulation would make me the happiest man alive KOF2004 BABY HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!(and Guilty Gear Isuka!!!).but I think Naomi will come out in the near future,Atomiswave.......iunno, one of the reasons SNKP stopped Neo Geo support was pirating issues and stuff,so maybe if the stars come together and the will of the gods comes into play, it will happen

The Chankast team wants Chankast to be a DC and NAOMI emulator. They have gotten the NAOMI bios to load upto a certain point but it quits there. Atleast we know they are working on it.

does the dreamcast emulator let you play sf3 3rd strike?

I heard it's buggy, but somewhat playable. Take a look at the Chankast compatibility list.

Edited by Agozer

• 10 months later...
Umm... since SF3 and the rest of those CPS-3 games all have DC ports, is it safe to say that the only reason to really emulate CPS-3 atm is Warzard? In which case I don't think anybody will worry about it so much now that Chankast is out.

Although Chankast definitely deserves kudos for emulating so many commercial games in early stages of development, running games on it is too much hustle:

• You have to mount the CD images into virtual drives, since Chankast doesn't run them directly.

• The ISO's have to be made self-bootable in order to work.

• Dreamcast versions of those CPS 3 games are over three times larger in file size than the originals.

• You need to do a lot of research in order to learn to set it up right.

To be honest, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is the only thing that made me interested in Chankast, but after trying so hard to launch the game and failing miserably, I decided to give up.

We wouldn't have to go through all this torture once CPS 3 is emulated on MAME, see.

as for WarZard, I want to see this damn thing in action!!!  :punk:

The sprites appear good in still shots. Nevertheless, from a gameplay video, I saw that the animation was far from smooth; the FPS rate was way to low, which negatively impacts the gaming experience. :afro: 3rd Strike, on the other hand is a completely different story. :thumbsup1:

Frankly, I'm convinced that this game could have easily been made for CPS 2. Graphicwise, it didn't look in any way superior to, say, Darkstalkers, or Street Fighter Alpha.

Edited by audiohominis

For the record, I had no trouble getting Street Fighter III: Third Strike to run in Chankast. Runs almost flawlessly too.

EDIT: Oh, and please don't bump topics that are almost a year old.