Cd-rom Support In Windows Xp's Dos Shell

Sultan

I'm trying to make a few dreamcast games selfboot. However, I am unable to use the selfboot tools because I can't get my cd/dvd-rw drive to show up in dos. My emulated Alcohol 120% drive shows up, but I need that recorder in order to complete the process. Anyone have an idea how to get it to show up and be usable with CDrecord? It seems to be a problem specifically with XP.

here's a link to the selfboot tutorial, that might be a good starting point for a solution:

http://www.dcemulation.com/help/selfboottutorial.htm

Thanks for any help!

I figured out part of the issue was going through cmd.exe rather than command.com But I still can't get my cd-rom to show up in cdrecord.

Does anyone know if there is a way to emulate a cd-writer? If I could just fake it and write a file to hdd but let it think its going to a cd, that would be a huge help.

I would say recreate images and do it from there if your just going to use them for Chankast.

I need to have a cd-writer that can be access through the cmd shell in order to run the selfboot program. An iso emulated as a drive will show up as a cd-rom not cd-rw and will not support the necessary commands to get the needed info. If alcohol 120% allowed you to make iso's by faking a cd-rw drive, I'd be set.