i meant , dont worry i have bios now , i always did , but this 1 works now... i mean i needed a pal bios to play , i couldnt find 1 then i found it. but my question was though could i change the bios to pal xD thats wat i meant

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cause i love it so much im dishing out some dough and going on ebay :( u can get some new ones (boxed) for like $50 - $150 aus then i will burn , and just a question do i need a dvd disc?

No you don't need a DVD disc to burn Dreamcast games, but you can't rip them yourself from original disc s either, unless you have a drive that reads GD-ROM discs properly.

wait so if i buy a dreamcast (pal of cours) yeh and then i download some cdi images eg. shenmu which im seeding now xD , and i us 120% alchole and burn it to a disc , can i play it on my dreamcast

wait so if i buy a dreamcast (pal of cours) yeh and then i download some cdi images eg. shenmu which im seeding now xD , and i us 120% alchole and burn it to a disc , can i play it on my dreamcast

Yes. Luckily most images floating on the net are already Selfboot (Shenmue included). Otherwise you need a bootdisc.

Well, PAL systems run at 50Hz (50fps) while NTSC runs at 60Hz. (~60fps) NTSC is smoother, although PAL has better color handling and higher resolution (625 lines on screen with PAL, 525 lines with NTSC. Most people prefer NTSC simply because it runs faster.

Older PAL TVs can't output 60Hz NTSC signal, so you'll either lose color or lose the entire picture if one's TV isn't NTSC compatible.

Of course, from an emulation point of view, PC monitors display NTSC and PAL without a hitch, plus you won't see any differences in color.

• 4 weeks later...