Daredevil Game Canceled!

Alpha

Encore's comic book-based action adventure game is shelved after two years in development.

More than two years after Encore Software announced it would be publishing an action adventure game based on the Marvel Comics superhero Daredevil, the company has officially closed the books on the project.

News of the cancellation came from an earnings report filed last week from the Navarre Corporation, Encore's parent company. In the report, Eric Paulson, Chairman and CEO of the Navarre Corporation, stated, "Included in our results is our management decision to shut down the development of Encore's video game console projects, which primarily consisted of the Daredevil video game project. As a result, the Company wrote off $4.3 million of development costs during the quarter and a total of $5.6 million for the fiscal year. These charges are reflected as a reduction in our gross margin. We have refocused Encore on its core competencies of software publishing."

Slated for release on the Xbox and PlayStation 2, Daredevil was to have been a third-person action game that let you take control of Marvel's sightless, crimson-clad superhero. Though the game was announced back in early 2002, no playable version of the game ever surfaced during subsequent E3s or company presentations. A Game Boy Advance Daredevil game, developed by a non-Encore studio, was released concurrently with the motion picture early last year.

By Alex Navarro -- GameSpot

Credits: http://www.gamespot.com

------------------------------------------------

Post your comments here. :lol:

Well I don't think the gaming industry is that shaken up about its cancellation.  :lol:

Like, DUH! :lol: Yeah, you said it pretty well, since most movie license games tend to suck (another fact of life).

I sure don't care, I didn't even see the movie. But I've heard of this game called Chronicles of Riddick, it's getting all these good reviews and it's licensed.

I sure don't care, I didn't even see the movie. But I've heard of this game called Chronicles of Riddick, it's getting all these good reviews and it's licensed.

There is a movie, and the game is based upon it. The Chronicles of Riddick, is the sequel to Pitch Black.

The movie Daredevil just SUCKED. A video game? No wonder it was canned......it probably would have sucked even more than the movie. Making movies from video games, or video games from movies never turn out right.

dare devil is the worst idea for a video game because either

A: you can see DD as in the GBA verison and this is nothing like his powers

B: you can see nothing, just feel heartbeats and a very crap version of the world

theres no way to make DD into a great game!!