Finally Upgrading My Pc

If you want good SATA drives, I suggest Seagate. Their drives are top of the line.

@ Gino: Like I said, guine intel products are locked. The only way you can recivied it unlocked is if you get a speificly designed mobo, you flashed the bios or the chip isn't a guine intel.

You must have an older 80G WD, I my self have have a 120G WD and have used 80G WD in the past and did not experience any of your problems.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends have told me that Maxtor is the top HDD brand out there and since WD was bought out or WD has maxtor parts... something on the lines of that...

Two of my Matrox drives have clunked out before the warranty period ended. And my friend's 120 gb WD broke...twice.

So both those companies suck.

if i were you i would buy an athlon barton xp 2500+ or a faster one if oyu can, try to avoid low range micros sonce mhz isn´t all that matters, you have to take into account cache and bus and other stuff it is preferable to buy an athlon or p4 at lower speeds than a celeron or duron, if you choose to do so you would also have to change your motherboard, asus and msi are good ones, there are some motherboards that have and radeon 9100 integrated i dunno if they are good or not, but considering you are buying a mobo you can find out and maybe take advantage of it if you have an old gfx.

Anway i guess that all the hardware available nowadays is cool so whatever is your choice you will have more than enough power for most of the tasks

Alright! :blink: I bought everything (except the hard-drive) - I ended up buying a motherboard without an on-board video-card and a radeon 9200SE (128 megs) because it worked out to only $35 more and an external card is better than an on-board card apparently because it won't take up any of the mother-board's clock-speed or something. Plus I think the on-board 9200 would have only been 64 megs and this one is 128 so that's a definite bonus! ;)

Now I have to wait for my friend who's good at computers to come home, so I can arrange for him to install the stuff for me!