Flashingness Of Soul Caliber

Ok, let me begin by saying that I have a NTSC dreamcast. Im pretty sure I downloaded the NTSC version of SC but I may have the PAL one. Well, the game itself it one of those games that allow you to adjust the refresh rate before you start the game. If you ever played Daytona USA 2001 you know what I mean. Before I have the chance to choose a refresh rate, the screens flashes like crazy until I finally get to that part and choose 60 khz.

I was wondering how I could fix this bug, i've owned plenty of PAL games that have this option and they don't flash during the startup process.

You most likely have the PAL one. Is the colors in Black and White?

No, its proper colors and everything. When you try to play a PAL game on a NTSC system, the screen is distorted, just like on those cable channels you haven't purchased.

But the thing is, it shouldn't be set on PAL, it should've been set on a neutral setting that excepts both frequencies so you are able to clearly choose the khz.

@ PLasticSlug

I know its really nothing to worry about, but I feel like its damaging my tv whenever it goes through the startup phase.

Edited by NeoMaster

TV's run at 50Hz(pal) 60Hz(NTSC). If your tv supports both, congrats, if it doesn't you need a vga box or something.

TV's run at 50Hz(pal) 60Hz(NTSC). If your tv supports both, congrats, if it doesn't you need a vga box or something.

I don't think you understand the essence of the situation. PAL games like Soul Caliber and Virtua Fighter 4 EVO are compatible with both frequencies, because sega included the option for non-PAL tvs to play them and for importers to have less trouble.

These PAL games should work without troubles during startup, but for some reason SC doesn't. It might be the fact that its not the official copy so, basically I won't complain anymore because I guess I have no right to. Bleh.

ehhhhh yes heh i missed the k

well, isn´t 60 khz low?

You might think its pretty low, but its not like a CPU. The hz thing is the refresh rate and stuff.