Uhh..help...

Jackschitt

OK if you want to waste a good thrty bucks on a chip and flash it go right ahead but seriously. People overlook the simple feature of flashing the onboard TSOP. its free and has the same benefits of a modchip except the glowing led on the front.

plus if you have an original xbox 1.0/1.1 you have a 1 meg bios. You can add a simple 2.50 switch from radioshack and have a xbox that is xbox live compatable. i've done about 30 of these type of xboxes and no problems.. these points are easy to solder and may i stress. FREE!!!

OK if you want to waste a good thrty bucks on a chip and flash it go right ahead but seriously. People overlook the simple feature of flashing the onboard TSOP. its free and has the same benefits of a modchip except the glowing led on the front.

plus if you have an original xbox 1.0/1.1 you have a 1 meg bios. You can add a simple 2.50 switch from radioshack and have a xbox that is xbox live compatable. i've done about 30 of these type of xboxes and no problems.. these points are easy to solder and may i stress. FREE!!!

See the problem is, most people aren't that tech savvy to do that.

wel if he's buying one chances are he'll get a 1.4/1.5 which can't use that switch method so it really depends on whether you really care for xbox live. yes he can get a reburbished xbox or used but i highly suggest you get a new one since with reburbs they only replace parts that are needed and used is used (last thing you want is to get stuck with a crappy thomson that dies a week or 2 later)