How Do I Make A Working Backup Of A Backup?

I downladed and burned a original release ofsonic adventure 2 not knowing that the damn thing used a tricky protection the would not let you get past the LAST stage. So instead of downloading it all over again i want to know if i can make an image of the copy I already burned using alcohol or discjuggler? I f i can what do i put the settings to?

You actually got an old copy(Original Realease) You can find the newer realease which corrected that error so really you have to download a newer version. You can extract the image with alcohol 120% and select "image making" and just select the drive in which the cd is in and extract the whole image and burn or whatever.

can i extract it with discjuggler? If I can what do I put the settings to. I could do it with Alcohol but I would have install it and restart my computer and I have some files downloading that I dont want to intterupt until they finish. Besides I already have discjuggler installed on my computer.

Make an image using the default settings in DiscJugglar,

Patch that image then burn in to disc, it should work.

I did this for a patch with "Street Fighter 3: Third Strike" and it worked fine.

And yes, if the game was already selfboot before you made it into an image, it will still be a selfboot when you re-burn it :(

Edited by BobRedthorp

Make an image using the default settings in DiscJugglar

When I got to about 94 or 96% when making the image of my backup game at the bottom where the description is of Discjuggler it saya"Illegal mode for this track or invalid packet size" Is still completed making my image but is that normal. Will it burn correctly after I finish patching the image?

When I got to about 94 or 96% when making the image of my backup game at the bottom where the description is of Discjuggler it saya"Illegal mode for this track or invalid packet size" Is still completed making my image but is that normal. Will it burn correctly after I finish patching the image?

Can PPF O Matic sucessfully patch Discjuggler image files because I tried to patch the discjugler image with PPF O Matic and it said the image wasnt the correct filesize. But it asked me if I wanted to patch anyway and I said yes.(It said the same when I patched a PSX clone cd image file and the game worked fine.) But I ended up having a coaster. Was it the patch that messed up the image or did i make a bad copy of the image from the backup game?