Favourite Amiga Fighter

What's your favourite?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, the only thing that I lamented about my beloved Miggy 500 was that, while there were 10,000 soccer/european football games, there were barely any fighters, which I loved so much!

Picking my fav fighter was tough - I was an MK fanboy back then, and I thought the conversion of MK2 in particular was amazing - it really showed that the Amiga could still hack it.

International Karate was perhaps one of the most fun and addictive, games I have ever played on anything. It was a simple yet very, very fun game. And it had all those sound effects borrowed from martial arts movies. :(

Barbarian was also fun because it was so fast and gorey, and the match could be ended at any time with a well aimed decapitation! :angry:

But my favourite was Gremlin's Shadow Fighter. It simply got everything right - pretty graphics, lovely backgrounds, sounds, funky music, heaps of characters, combos, special moves...even the disk swapping scheme was really great, indicative of professional programming. It showed that the Amiga could handle a Street Fighter game, where (IMO) the two Street Fighter conversions had failed.

And I never thought Elfmanis was great...it was so slow, and boring, and the controls were awful! The only thing that saved it was the cutsie pretty graphics.

So please post what you think.

(Also remember Team 17's Full Contact, which I couldn't fit on the list.)

damn body blows i remember that it was good at the time but doesn't stand the test of time. Does any one know where i could get it? :(

Edited by SWAMP_THING

• 1 month later...

I gotta say that the Mortal Kombat series on the Amiga plus Shaddow Fighter was great, but I also like a game called Brutal Paws of Fury, I found that quite an interesting game. :P

Edited by BobRedthorp

I gotta say that the Mortal Kombat series on the Amiga plus Shaddow Fighter was great, but I also like a game called Brutal Paws of Fury, I found that quite an interesting game.  :P

Yeah, Brutal is cool. A PC and a SNES version exists too.

I would say one, but I can't figure out how to get this Amiga emulator working to run these things :P

Contact me when you feel the need to and I'll set it up for you.