Chankast Control Config = Doesn't Work!

If you want to map your controllers, use Joy2Key (Google for it). Don't try and map your controllers within Chankast's config, it's far from ready for that.

Thanks for the tip! I thought it might be possible... =(

Are your first 4 "keys" under joystick garbled too?

Actually due to the config not showing in XP, and having to configure under 2k and copy files over........I have no Joystick option in my config, so I wouldn't know. But that's because I simply haven't gone through the trouble of installing my controllers in 2k, as I don't use 2k unless I really really need to.

I'm having PSX controller issues too. Same thing actually, where the direction buttons don't work, neither do the analogs.

I'm using a SOYO Kiky-Joy X-Series adapter.

I really only tried Ikaruga so far but I noticed the compatibility list describes control issues. I can't get MVC2 to get far enough for me to compare control experiences between at least one other game. But I guess MVC2 has problems of its own that sorta prevent a decent comparison.

With Ikaruga, I can't map anything to the digitals or analog correctly. It maps, but doesn't seem to do anything at all in the game itself. I did manage to get the direction pad to work correctly with the DC menu, but in-game it all fails to work right. It took me a while to map everything because the Kiky-Joy assigns wierd names to the PSX controller buttons, like BUTTON5, BUTTON6, etc. I finally figured out the relation, but Chankast seems to be what's failing to work right. Perhaps future builds will look into supporting adapters instead of the typical arcade sticks, Sidewinders, etc.

It was wierd because I screwed up the mappings and had the shoulder buttons doing my left/right movement in Ikaruga. I ended up just using WASD and the mouse buttons for firing and swapping polarity.

I wonder if this an Ikaruga specific problem or a global one due to Chankast. It's only the first alpha, so hitches like these are to be expected.

I just use my x arcade and it works fine.

X-arcade sticks are mapped unded the same circumstances as a keyboard, thats why.

• 9 months later...
Works fine here... I have a MS sidewinder (one of the authors probably does as well).

The only problem I have is that it maps the analog controls to the d-pad

which I hate...

My problem is that I can't use the D pad and the analog stick at the same time..for instance in MDK2 you need to press the D pad to throw grenades, enter sniper mode, etc, but it can't be done because the analog stick is in use. I am using the recoil pad that is basically a playstation controller.