Chankast Dreamcast Emulator Is Now Downloadable!

Alpha

hmmmm i seem to be doin okaaaaay with this so far i suppose. i downloaded the right dll files, and whatever link was there, i downloaded it. so far im at the menu screen, im able to go into i guess the configurations...so what kind of files do we run this with? ISOs?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm i seem to be doin okaaaaay with this so far i suppose. i downloaded the right dll files, and whatever link was there, i downloaded it. so far im at the menu screen, im able to go into i guess the configurations...so what kind of files do we run this with? ISOs?

CDI images most probably since that is the most common DC game format.

o wow, i dont even know how to mess with this part. i never knew how to work with dreamcast images or let alone get them...i hope someone have updates soon to make this more simpler for dudes like me :(

o yeah p.s. for those who got this workin so far, ur configuration screen, is it jus me or is it sorta darkish? jus checkin if im on the right track... :lol:

o wow, i dont even know how to mess with this part. i never knew how to work with dreamcast images or let alone get them...i hope someone have updates soon to make this more simpler for dudes like me :lol:

o yeah p.s. for those who got this workin so far, ur configuration screen, is it jus me or is it sorta darkish? jus checkin if im on the right track... :lol:

It's darkish, don't worry about it. :(:lol:

o wow, i dont even know how to mess with this part. i never knew how to work with dreamcast images or let alone get them...i hope someone have updates soon to make this more simpler for dudes like me :(

I got all of mine from DC++ in the following hubs: emu.servegame.com and hub.barnitos.net

I got all of mine from DC++ in the following hubs: emu.servegame.com and hub.barnitos.net

kool man, thanx. imma take a break tho, i need energy to use this. im like a complete retard when it comes to mirc or direct connect haha.

a 1.3GHz p4, 384 RAM and a 9800 Pro ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU(Chankast) ISN'T IT.

Complaining about the first ALPHA release not running full speed on your SEVERELY outdated PC will get you where? :lol:

I have a P4 1.4Ghz (On an Asus P4T mobo) running 512MB of PC800 RDRAM (Whups DDRs ass any day of the week but costs 2x as much) and a Radeon 8500, I'm certainly not complaining that an ALPHA release of a Dreamcast emulator only gets me 35-40 frames per second(!) :(

Complaining about the first ALPHA release not running full speed on your SEVERELY outdated PC will get you where?  ;)

I have a P4 1.4Ghz (On an Asus P4T mobo) running 512MB of PC800 RDRAM (Whups DDRs ass any day of the week but costs 2x as much) and a Radeon 8500, I'm certainly not complaining that an ALPHA release of a Dreamcast emulator only gets me 35-40 frames per second(!) :P

SEVERLEY outdated?!

OK, I'll give you that! :lol:

I was posting specs and performance more for other people's curiosity than anything else.

This is damned exciting--waiting for Icarus for so long to have Chankast essentially "drop out of the sky" was very nice indeed!

Looking forward to further releases!