Chankast Dreamcast Emulator Is Now Downloadable!

Alpha

After so many years programmers have been on hold to make their own dreamcast emulator because they all waited on Icarus, finally someone has stepped up and made their own dreamcast emulator! This emulator is now called Chankast (before it was just Chanka). You will need the Sega Dreamcast Bios (link can be found below) and of course the emulator. There are 3 different kinds of releases. I suggest the first release for beginners. Have Fun & Reply to this thread for any comments or questions because this is the offical thread.

»» Download the Chankast DreamCast Emulator (Choose between the 3 releases)

»» Sega DreamCast Bios {Tested With Chankast} (Need this to run Chankast)

»» The Official Chankast v.01 Compatibility List Thread (Updated!! - 5/31/04)

»» Chankast Author Site

NOTE: The Sega DreamCast Bios Link is NOT HOSTED By 1Emulation.Com's Servers, we do not condone any illegal activity here on 1Emulation. Use at your own risk.

PS: The Sega DreamCast Bios link and the author site link is now fixed as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w00t! I am now downloading it though it will run pretty bad on my computer.

flock crap!! It says my processor doesn't support SSE!

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Accesul catre aceasta resursa este refuzat.

( http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7229 )

I get this message from the bios link. I couldn't translate with Bablefish but if I had to guess I would say this site removed the bios do to the direct linking of it here.

Link works fine for me? :angry:... I'll try to get another link.

There, by accident I linked to the actual file itself. I didn't do that on purpose, so I just fixed the link right now. Enjoy! :angry:

worked for me. The emulator runs fine also. So far ive tried Psyvariar 2 and Ikaruga and they both run fine.

i have p4 1.6ghz w/ nvidia 128mb gfx card and 1gig ram.

most of you should have faster systems than this since mine is over 2yrs old now.

The only thing that i cant yet figure out is how to set the controls for my ps2 controller. the d-pad and analog parts. I can match the buttons/triggers but the movement controls i cant figure out.

There, by accident I linked to the actual file itself. I didn't do that on purpose, so I just fixed the link right now. Enjoy! :angry:

Yeah that scared me when I saw you direct linking the file.

Thanks for clearing that up :lol:

It is working now.

w00t!

Here comes CVS2, MVC2, and SF3 to mugen baby!!! :(

I can't wait to learn to rip with this bad boy!!!

Some guy on Direct Connect compiled an awesome Compatibility List from a bunch of other emulation site. Now I don't condone it, but I know a lot of people want something to go by instead of trying all their games. So I have posted it in the Compatibility List thread and it is HUGE for the first day of an emulator release!

»» Check it out @ The Compatibility List Thread!

If anyone/site has any problems of their compatibility review(s) listed as I state in the thread, please PM me and I'll promptly remove it.

Some people have told me that they can't get it to run with Windows 98. Chankast was made only for Windows XP as far as I know. If you want to run it on Windows 98, you will need to emulate the Windows XP operating system with a program called VMWare. It can emulate the Windows XP at almost full speed on your Windows 98 desktop! You can download the trial @ This Link!