Chankast Alpha Emulator Compatibilty List

Uh...I think it's a little over 5%. Chankast is a wonderful emulator even in Alpha stages.  If I didn't have a DC I'd use it all the time. :D Soul Calibur looks fantastic on it.

I agree! The three ROMs I have for it (SFIII:3rd Impact, SNK vs. Capcom 2: 2001 Millionaire Fighting, and Soul Calibur) are nicely done in spite of the glitches! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Streetfighter 3rd Strike, works perfect on my computer. Lets see, use Daemon Tools 3.29, and get the "Dreamcast Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (Pal Fixed).cdi" version. In Chankast I use Z write and Alpha Z write ". Have it 640 X 480 video mode with VGA cable type.

Streetfighter 3rd Strike, works perfect on my computer. Lets see, use Daemon Tools 3.29, and get the "Dreamcast Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (Pal Fixed).cdi" version. In Chankast I use Z write and Alpha Z write ". Have it 640 X 480 video mode with VGA cable type.

I win, I have the NTSC version. Plus, no need for DT3.29

I win, I have the NTSC version. Plus, no need for DT3.29

Well, what do ya know, something new everyday!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's about time I'm able to post here. Anyway I've been able to play through Sonic Adventure 1 & 2...well sort of the games will crash at a currtain point using Chancast Alpha v0.25 but here is what I've noticed so far:

Sonic Adventure:

Only a few almost unnoticable GFX problems but nothing that can effect gameplay. Also speed seems to be fairly good for this emulator.

Sound emulation appears to be almost perfect.

As for the crash points the emu will crash after running the first demo screen, when you enter the elevator to Chao World and after the train leaves for the Mystic Ruins.

Sonic Adventure 2:

Many GFX problems that will black out part or all of the screen making it difficult to play at times unless I turned on the wireframe feature. Two-player mode is vertually impossible to play due to a problem that blends the graphic on both players screens. There are also sun glare gfx errors on many parts of the game. Another gfx problem is in Chao World. At times when you take your Chao into the lobby the main textures for the Chao's head and body will be invisible (eyes and many animal features will still be visible however.) Also Eggman appears to be simi-tranparent in just about every part he shows up in.

Speed is only an issue during the in game cutscenes which will also cause the audio and video to go out of synch (using the Capcom Hack only made things worse as it caused the game to run double speed.)

Sound emulation once again however still seems to be perfect.

The crash points for this game are:

Hero Story Mode: After Metal Harbor

Dark Story Mode: Before Sonic boss battle

These test were done using ISOs that had bad sectors. I used a program to fix the bad sectors but I'm still not too sure about it.

I had both ZWrite and AphaTest ZWrite enabled as these showed better gfx in the games when they were both activeted.

Ok I've rambled on enough for my first post in this forum so I'll leave it at that and I hope this information is useful for you.

Edited by Haldrie

• 2 weeks later...
Head Hunter - Functions perfect, no problems

anyone else having problems with this one? i get no gun sounds and after the second level the graphical errors make the game completely unplayable, possibly i have some driver settings wrong or something? i think im just using the defaults

windows xp

AMD 3.1 gb processor

1 gb ram

6800 nvidia geforce 128 video ram

realtek soundcard

daemon tools 4.0

Edited by psyborg

Chankast has a habit of being very picky about a computer's system configuration. Just because a compatibility list says it works without problems, there is a chance that a game has serious issues on some other system.

Or then your iamge is corrupt.

I found a site where you can rip dreamcast games using your CD-ROM drive. I haven't tested it myself but it seems like it acctually works! This could help those of you that might have corrupted rips of games and you still own the original.

STC-Fan's GD-ROM Ripping Stuff

Again hope this helps.