Chankast Alpha Emulator Compatibilty List

These guys are really good, they bring out new versions really fast. Keep up the great work guys! :lol:

edit: ok i tried searching a bit on the forums to see if anyone else noticed but i can't seem to find it. is it me or did they switch the pad config back to the old one? the new one they had before was so much easier to config the controllers with. is there a reason why they went back to the old pad config in 0.25? Or is the new one still in 0.25 but maybe i can't find it? :rolleyes: Thx for any help anyone can give.

Edited by c04n_0n 7H3_c08

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there are now two pad configuration options.  In the dropdown is the "XXX" version and Elsemi's plugin version.  You want Elsemi's, that is the one with the pic of the controller.

Thanks alot Sultan, I didn't know about that. :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soul Calibur works well for me. I have played it on the Alpha and Beta versions of Chankast and it never asked to change the cable. My computer specs are:

Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz

512 Megabytes of RAM

64 Megabyte GeForce 3

Windows XP Home Edition

Also I am running the game from Daemon Tools using a mounted image.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like good DC emulation will be a while off yet. It seems only 5% or so of the games work, and I'm guessing they are far less than perfect. :lol:

I haven't tried any DC emu yet, as I think they will be either too slow (FPS) or uncompatible. I'll try a DC emulator in a year or two.

Looks like good DC emulation will be a while off yet. It seems only 5% or so of the games work, and I'm guessing they are far less than perfect. :rofl:

I haven't tried any DC emu yet, as I think they will be either too slow (FPS) or uncompatible. I'll try a DC emulator in a year or two.

Uh...I think it's a little over 5%. Chankast is a wonderful emulator even in Alpha stages. If I didn't have a DC I'd use it all the time. :lol: Soul Calibur looks fantastic on it.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried to fix the Ikaruga GFX problems yet? I can't get past the Second Stage because I can't see the dots being fired in the Chankast emulator.

And having asked that about Ikaruga, I know this isn't exactly the topic to ask this in, but it's about Ikaruga anyway.

Does anyone know if it came out for Mame or Kawaks....'cause I KNOW I've seen a Japanese ARCADE version of Ikaruga somewhere.

I saw a bunch of videos here that feature a guy using an Arcade panel.

Now, unless you can convert a Dreamcast System into an Arcade Panel, I'm not buying the fact that it can't be converted for Mame or Kawaks...

Well the only people who can fix Ikaruga graphics problems are the people on the Chankast team.

And I don't think Ikaruga is going to be emulated anytime soon. The arcade machine it runs on is NAOMI and that's not going to happen for a while. And don't expect Kawaks to do it, MAME will probably have it first.

There are two arcade systems based off of Dreamcast hardware, NAOMI and Atomiswave. That's why the game is on Dreamcast, it was easy to port.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

• 6 months later...