Ps2 Repair.

Jiggs

Just now, I was walking out of my room and tripped on a stray N64 controller cord, which moved my N64, which moved my PS2 and knocked it onto the floor. I quickly turned it on to assess the damages. Everything came up fine, but the disc tray won't come out all the way. What would be the best way of going about fixing or at least working around it? I remember reading something about the flip-up disc trays (Like with the old PSX consoles) that was a 3rd party add-on, but can't remember the name of it.

Nevermind, guys. I fixed it, but I wouldn't have if it weren't for M.I.L.F. on DirectConnect (Specifically, ERH).

He told me to "unscrew the screws on the bottom." I looked around the PS2, and saw no such screws. So, I turned it on and opened the disc tray (It would only come out about 3/4 of an inch), then quickly shut the PS2 off and unplugged it. From there, I slowly pulled the tray out, plugged it back up, turned it on, and pushed the disc tray button. It went in about 3/4 of an inch, so I pushed it back in. From there, it worked just fine, so I kept pushing the disc tray button to make sure. It was like nothing happened.

So, if it hadn't been for my search for screws in unlikely places, I wouldn't have fixed my PS2.

Their covered with Square panels. remove those and you'll find screws underneath them.