Chanka Dreamcast Emulator Will Release Next Week!

Alpha

It has been speculated that the first version of the new Chanka DreamCast Emulator will be released NEXT WEEK! This is big news for DreamCast fans because Icarus still has not been released yet for the past 2 or 3 years of waiting. Finally someone has stepped up and has made their own dreamcast emulator and that emulator is Chanka as well as a couple of other dreamcast emulator's in the works as well due to the increasing popularity! Keep checking back here soon for the full download link to the new Chanka DreamCast Emulator!

New Screenshots have been released below...

Sonic2one_s.jpgSonic2three_s.jpg

RECV_s.jpgGG_s.jpg

»» Credits: Emulatronia.Com & NGEmu.Com

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is welcome news even though I just got a Dreamcast. It's nice to see emulation progress like this. Maybe we are much closer to NAOMI and Atomiswave than we think...

Be still my racing heart. I wonder how many joyous moments I cn get from an emulator that runs 10fps? :P Anyway, any kind of progress is good.

Wow, this is welcome news even though I just got a Dreamcast. It's nice to see emulation progress like this. Maybe we are much closer to NAOMI and Atomiswave than we think...

You might be right. Once they hit full DC-speed, we could hit AW as early as 2 years!

Or I can dream about it :P

You might be right. Once they hit full DC-speed, we could hit AW as early as 2 years!

Or I can dream about it

although the atomisewave is based on the dreamcast wont emulation be very different because it runs an a cart system not discs??

It's cart system has 5 to 6 seconds in loading times though, which indicates it's A) A CD based cartrige, something like a ZIP disk or B) A harddrive based cartrige (picture an Ipod and you just hook up yo your comp like an N64 cart) both would explain the loading times to swamp information between the system and it's media.

Edited by K`dash

It's cart system has 5 to 6 seconds in loading times though, which indicates it's A) A CD based cartrige, something like a ZIP disk or :D A harddrive based cartrige (picture an Ipod and you just hook up yo your comp like an N64 cart) both would explain the loading times to swamp information between the system and it's media.

so would the roms be zip files or burned iso's?? :P

ZIP disk are completely different from Zip files :P

ZIP disks can hold upto 1 GB of data, but you need a ZIP drive for it. Search up I-Omega Zip drives. They suck, but i'm just using them as an example. They look like Floppy Disks, but a tad bit larger in thickness.