Chanka Dreamcast Emulator Will Release Next Week!

Alpha

I mean something like rom or iso........ by the way....what is the system requerd for this emulator  :D

Not even that fastest home systems could run it full speed yet, so stop dreaming.

As for the methods thing....Since it's a Dreamcast emulator I'm sure it works with Dreamcast CD's or ISOs that you can load. No rom images.

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Felix from Icarus and Choodo (also Freedo), has figured out how to hack some cd-rom drive firmware (He is an optical drive engineer) to make it able to read GD-ROMs.

Also, I've heard that chanka reads isos (cdi format)

Lastly, the requirements are probably similar to the author's machine:

P4 2.8 w/radeon 9800

Apparently Felix from Icarus and Choodo (also Freedo), has figured out how to hack some cd-rom drive firmware (He is an optical drive engineer) to make it able to read GD-ROMs.

Also, I've heard that chanka reads isos (cdi format)

Lastly, the requirements are probably similar to the author's machine:

P4 2.8 w/radeon 9800

Ack! 2.8 ghz with Radeon 9800... and I imagine atleast 512 mb RAM. Good thing I have a DC.

I was looking at the pics and videos and you can see these lines everywhere. Ofcourse this is just the first release so it won't be perfect.

Hey iq, do you know if it can read.CDIs inside.zip or.rars or do I have unzip them all?

Edited by GryphonKlaw

You can get the bios in the chanka thread at romshare :angry:

The compatibility isn't very high of this emu, but the ones it does play are very fast.