Sega Saturn Time! W000000t!

hey everyone, ive been REALLY busy lately, sorry i havent been around :( its all moving and work and everything around here, moving is too much work!

anyway, i just scored a brand new Sega Saturn for 20 bucks! It didnt have an AV cable so if anyone knows how to make one that would be cool ;)

but anyway, onto the important stuff, Im looking for a good RAM expansion cart and all the other good upgrades for cheap, i dont want to spend too much money on this because im cheap.

Another thing im worried about is, How do i get it to play burned/import games? These games are hard to find, so i want to just burn em, i heard of a swap trick but i cant find it anywhere

Thanks for your help in advance.

By the way mine is the really old version with the oval buttons and its all black and says just Sega Saturn on the top with that round ball and the S, it was made in September 1995, and if you need a serial on the back or anything let me know!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you should be able to get practically anything off of DC++ and Bittorrent. Those are the only programs I suggest you get games off of. The RAM cart however... A while ago I saw this really great 5 in1 ram cart, it was 16 meg's of ram (might be wrong), so it took care of all your capcom and snk games that needed that extra memory. Also, it had pro action replay built in, and region converter, and it was a memory cart! I really wanted this thing, but I'm cheap too and it was $50. Even though I would shell out that money for it in a second now, I was 17, with no job when I saw it online so long ago (21 now). Check E-Bay for it, I'm sure it's still out there.

The AV cable, come on, like the commercial say's "You can get it on E-Bay!!!". Wanna go cheap and simple, I suggest you do it all that way.

A Saturn mod chip is very hard to find. Unless you get your Saturn modded already, it's going to be really hard to find one. I'm not trying to advertise for E-Bay or anything, but I got a lot of Saturn games off there.

Street Fighter Collection

Marvel Super Hero's vs. Street Fighter

X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Street Fighter Zero 3

So really, look there, you should find what you're looking for.

A Saturn mod chip is very hard to find. Unless you get your Saturn modded already, it's going to be really hard to find one. I'm not trying to advertise for E-Bay or anything, but I got a lot of Saturn games off there.

On the contrary, IJTF_Cinder's RetroGaming-Universe.com sells a Sega Saturn ModChip for only $13.49!! You can't get that price anywhere. Just click "Store" then "Sega Saturn" at the left menu to check it out. ;)

On the contrary, IJTF_Cinder's RetroGaming-Universe.com sells a Sega Saturn ModChip for only $13.49!! You can't get that price anywhere. Just click "Store" then "Sega Saturn" at the left menu to check it out. :D

But there is nothing better then owning the actual game! :P

::Wait's to get slapped::

Unfortunately, if he's bought a Model 1 Saturn like he stated (Oval buttons) he probably cannot chip it. 99% of model 1 Saturns have 20 pin ribbon cables between the CDROM drive and the motherboard, and there are only 21 pin mods in production.

Open up your Saturn and count the pins on the ribbon cable. You may have gotten lucky and scored a 21 pin Model 1 Saturn. But there is a slim to none chance on that.

nice, you got s-video cables too :lol: see i to got a sega saturn a while back for free from one of my cousins but he used the rf adapter which broke and lost the original a/v cables :P

on top of that, i got only the analog controller since the original was lost but i look at that as a good thing since i didn't like the first version's controller :D

Not quite yet, but they're coming in my next order.

I just recently started things up and only have some mod chips in stock atm

I'm doing this all out of my own pocket, as I don't want to take any loans out to start this up. Thus I'm going to have to build stock slowly :P

An AR 5-in-1 will cost you about 25 bucks on ebay. It's well worth it though, since you won't have to convert any regions, you get extra memory storage (which you will need), the AR of course and most importantly the extra RAM to play all the 2D fighters. It's a must have for every saturn owner.

I would recommend you buy a model 2 saturn and mod it though, because swapping is annoying. But if you're going to stick with this, SegaXtreme has some good info on how to do the swaptrick.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP LUCKINESS!!

Today in the trash i found a perfectly good Saturn!!! And its the kind with 21 contacts and round buttons!! holy poo!!

Not only was it a saturn, but a 3D controller, light gun, AND standard controller (the remade flashier one)

So now i need 2 video cables, and 1 mod chip, anyone know where to get em cheap?

(BTW this means garage sales are on in my neighborhood, i found nothing gaming related except for a Genesis for 4 bucks (i bought it, it was BRAND NEW, 2 controllers, 5 games)

Its only Thursday tho, on Saturday everyone should be open with lots of new stuff, if you want me to buy and ship something if i find it (ill look for items if you request em)

Oh and i also got a sweet new UPS power system for a dollar!!