Favorite Or Most Memorable Theme Music From A Game

Gryph

hmm well favorite music is when im playing counter strike on xbox and "freaking out" or " immortal " by adema start playing from the hd........

but in game it would be..........the kof 2000 screen selection music :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The orchestra in the intro in Starcraft: Brood War - that movie is sublime

The classy music in the intro of Grand Theft Auto 3 - what an amazing intro

But the winner is/are

The music at the intro of Shadow of the Beast 1 and 2. That makes my loins quiver.

The most memorable one for me is definitely 'Grabbag' (the Duke Nukem Theme) - I have 3 different versions of it on my computer, including one done by Megadeth!

But also I'd have to say the music from the original 'metal gear solid'. It wasn't that great, but whenever I hear it, I remember the tenseness of playing the game for the first few times, and just how atmospheric that game was.

Other really memorable vgms for me would be the music from s1e1 of DOOM, and the original SF2 title music.

Edit: oh and also, there's one particular song from the 'monkey island' series that stuck with me - specifically, it's from the first game, when you are on-board the ghost-pirate ship. back when I still had a band, I wanted to cover it, because it's the best 'pirate-reggae' tune I've ever heard!

Edited by random guy

when sf2 was hot in 91, the arcades would have like 6 machines in a row. and as a kid, i always thought that dhalsim's stage with the loud elephants in the background was pretty memorable and like his stage would be like on 4 of those machines at a time so everytime i hear those elephants and that india like beat, i think of street fighter 2 :D

I think the FF series has prob had the best overall music... Ive been trying to make beats out of some of the stuff, but i suck at producing..lol.. Tekken 2 had a nice theme.. Everyone and their mother knows the zelda theme..same w/mario bros, SF and early sonic games...

Super Metroid's music for SNES was dope, and I like the old Aero Blasters and Splatterhouse music for Turbo Grafix....damn my games still work!!! ;)