Hot Question 8

...This one is for Fighting Games again...

...Throughout the evolution of Fighting games...there have been various systems placed into the games to prevent "cheapness"...Primal Rage with the "no cheese", MK4 with the 45% damage cap...Guard Breaks, Guilty Gear and the Negative Penalty...

...Do you think that doing such things helps the gameplay? Has it made a change for you? What do you think of Cheapness Prevention systems in fighting games?

It's to fight against users who totally(and I mean totally, with any character) turtle.

Edit: I find it useful. If they ain't moving, then they ain't getting what they want (in GG's case, tension power!). Fact of the matter, if a character is made to turtle, then I'll turtle and chip damage off. If s/he's not meant to turtle, sam hell I'll turtle, but not alot.

Edited by K`dash

hehe i remember when mk2 first came out the you would get thrown out of the arcade if you played cheap or cheated

Like that one glitch with Jax and Shang Tsung where you did somethingrather (i forgot) and the game would reset?

Another thing. Gaurd Crushing. I don't want all my hard earn massive combo poke feast go un-rewarded.

I used to beat my friend up when we played MVC2 at the arcade alot, since i worked there at the time, noone could stop me :P Everytime id be on a good win streak, or even getting beaten, hed get mad and use the Gambit wall jump bug, just to piss me off. Man that aggrivated.

I really like the Negative Penalty in Guilty Gear XX. It forces both players to actually do something than just block and poke. Doing a Roman Cancel as a Super Cancel is awesome too.