Death Penalty

Should you be killed when you kill?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you guys are underrating the experience of going to jail - not that I've ever been in jail personally, but from what I've seen and heard, I'm certain that it would not be fun. They may have cable, but i bet they only get to watch tv for like one hour. Plus there's the fact that you can't move from your cell for hours and hours at a time, not to mention the fact that if you go to prison, you have to either kick the toughest guy there's ass the first day, or else become someone's biatch. Either way, not fun.

Plus its already been said that executing someone costs as much or more as jailing them for life. And the fact that people are being sent home from death row in great numbers because of new forensics to help prove their innocence does NOT mean that everyone who gets sent to death row from now on are 100% sure to be guilty, N30Ghost. There are STILL people being framed, still people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time who couldn't afford to hire a decent lawyer, and there'll still be innocent men on death row at this very moment. For that reason alone the death penalty is not acceptable.

I know prisons are overcrowded, but if you look at the people in jail, there are still going to be more black guys put in jail than white guys. That's because even in this day and age, the law favours rich, middle-upper class white people, so for that reason also the death penalty cannot be advocated. Until the law treats everybody equally, and until people have equal access to equally skilled lawyers regardless of how much money they have, such a severe punishment as the death penalty can only be seen for what it is, a twisted and unfair practice, which sets the wrong example for people anyway, because murdering a murderer is still murder, so people will think, 'if the state can do it, why the hell can't I?'

What if the accused was gay? Then it probably wouldn't matter if he were somebodys be'otch, and they dont spend so many hours in the cell, well it depends on what kind of crime and stuff you did, the life sentence guys are the ones that get real hell and the others it's probably not as bad.

There's a BIG difference between homosexual sex and homosexual rape - even you should understand that.

Some guys like to be man handled, I dont but then again i'm not gay.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are underrating the experience of going to jail - not that I've ever been in jail personally, but from what I've seen and heard, I'm certain that it would not be fun. They may have cable, but i bet they only get to watch tv for like one hour. Plus there's the fact that you can't move from your cell for hours and hours at a time, not to mention the fact that if you go to prison, you have to either kick the toughest guy there's ass the first day, or else become someone's biatch. Either way, not fun.

Plus its already been said that executing someone costs as much or more as jailing them for life. And the fact that people are being sent home from death row in great numbers because of new forensics to help prove their innocence does NOT mean that everyone who gets sent to death row from now on are 100% sure to be guilty, N30Ghost. There are STILL people being framed, still people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time who couldn't afford to hire a decent lawyer, and there'll still be innocent men on death row at this very moment. For that reason alone the death penalty is not acceptable.

I know prisons are overcrowded, but if you look at the people in jail, there are still going to be more black guys put in jail than white guys. That's because even in this day and age, the law favours rich, middle-upper class white people, so for that reason also the death penalty cannot be advocated. Until the law treats everybody equally, and until people have equal access to equally skilled lawyers regardless of how much money they have, such a severe punishment as the death penalty can only be seen for what it is, a twisted and unfair practice, which sets the wrong example for people anyway, because murdering a murderer is still murder, so people will think, 'if the state can do it, why the hell can't I?'

What if the accused was gay? Then it probably wouldn't matter if he were somebodys be'otch, and they dont spend so many hours in the cell, well it depends on what kind of crime and stuff you did, the life sentence guys are the ones that get real hell and the others it's probably not as bad.

There's a BIG difference between homosexual sex and homosexual rape - even you should understand that.

Some guys like to be man handled, I dont but then again i'm not gay.

Well I don't think gay people would want to be raped...even they want consentual anal probing. Would you like it if a woman raped you?

But that really has nothing to do with the death penalty...

I say no, we are not God we shouldn't toy with their lives, eventhough they have taken another's. only God knows how to punish them.

If you execute someone, and two years later you find out that he was innocent, what will you do then?

Then those who believed that the convict was innocent will have your head. :angry:

Cool, the board is back up.

ooo you all got served by Texas

Not really, cuz I don't believe in any religion. So therefore, backfired.

If you execute someone, and two years later you find out that he was innocent, what will you do then?

That deserves a tough crap. There are too many factors that happen to an innocent being executed. All you have to do is say "Oops!" and work at improving whatever was the faulter.

Edited by Skythe

That deserves a tough crap. There are too many factors that happen to an innocent being executed. All you have to do is say "Oops!" and work at improving whatever was the faulter.

Where's the respect for the sanctity of human life?

I wanted to say that. But I didn't want to bring any religious zealots into play and telling me that there is a god. (As in, avoiding a possible flame war, via pm or forum)