Ff7 Vs Ff8

Which one better Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy 8?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sorry, wasn't trying to flame. I just don't understand why every FF game is compared to VII. It's getting so old on all the forums I go to. And it's been done here more then once! Even at GameFaq'a you can't have a "Which Game is the Best" contest without FFVII winning. I just don't understand...

This is because most teens back then hit puberty and got their PlayStations just when FFVII came out. So, it was the greatest thing ever and they didn't like stuff that was different from FFVII.

Sadly, they compare every Final Fantasy and RPG to FFVII, which is wrong.

Meh. I loved FF7. But some of the old games were still good.

Its prolly because FF7 was an RPG that did more than other RPGS for some people...

I dunno

Its mostly biased so what can we do ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, wasn't trying to flame. I just don't understand why every FF game is compared to VII. It's getting so old on all the forums I go to. And it's been done here more then once! Even at GameFaq'a you can't have a "Which Game is the Best" contest without FFVII winning. I just don't understand...

This is because most teens back then hit puberty and got their PlayStations just when FFVII came out. So, it was the greatest thing ever and they didn't like stuff that was different from FFVII.

Sadly, they compare every Final Fantasy and RPG to FFVII, which is wrong.

Meh. I loved FF7. But some of the old games were still good.

Its prolly because FF7 was an RPG that did more than other RPGS for some people...

I dunno

Its mostly biased so what can we do :)

Heh...I think all Final Fantasies are awesome except Mystic Quest. ;) I got my PlayStation pretty late, so I got FFVIII for it, but I had been playing the PC version of FFVII before.

Final Fantasy VIII for life, who cares if the Junction System provided Godlike characters early on. That's why Squaresoft put in the level-upping monsters. :)

btw, FFX-2 == The girl power.

I'm not really a true fan of the FF series. Hell ff7 is the only 1 i really liked... I started on FF7... Since then I have played most of them, and seriously, IMO, nothing has come close to FF7. Ive never really gotten into a game like the way i did in ff7 (got a little of the same feelings in shenmue...) Ive heard people say 6 > 7 and give good reasons. I respect their opinions. I havnt played 6 all the way through, so i really dont have too too much to base my opinion of that game on.

I can just say that with certainty i liked ff7 soooooooooooooo much more than i did ff8..Also, there is a reason why FF7 wins all the "which game is the best" polls..it is... :rolleyes: