Ff7 Vs Ff8

Which one better Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy 8?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to say, to all who think theres a way to make a Final Fantasy. There isn't. There's no bible. Theres no specific way to make a Final Fantasy. There never was, there never shall be. This is one Square-Enix's greatests series. If we saw the same team since 1 (as in, all original coders, artists etc with no additions), we would of lost interest at 3, 5 at best. It's to keep a certain "originality" within the series.

I agree wholeheartedly. Besides, this is exactly what Hironobu Sakaguchi said in a recent interview.

It's like people expect the same thing with a revamped story line and different characters! And I learned the Final Fantasy bible doesn't exist from an interview the FFX-2 and FFXII teams did for Gamespy a while back. I shoved that link in everyone's faces that didn't believe me.

When people say they don't like FFX-2, they;

1) Don't have an open mind to change in a Final Fantasy (What about FFV(or IV?)that also had a female lead pre se)

2) They haven't fully explored the game enough (There's a reason you can't get 100% on the first try, theres another game like this, it's called Chrono Trigger).

3) Dub is decent! If you want japanese diaolog with english subs, get Last Mission.

4) J-Pop rules sometimes(I said sometimes)

5) Yuna isn't good enough for you B)

Same applies to FFXI;

1) Your cheap bastards (doesn't apply unless you give a valid explination "You have to pay for it," "It's too expensive" and "Well, it just sucks" don't apply. Play it for 2 weeks.)

2) It's a change

3) See 1

4) Battle system is "crap" (It's a great system, better then EQ and SWG)

5) See 1

6) It HAS a story (EQ's is slow and messed up and SWG, well, where can I find the bounty hunter?)

7) See 1

8) Cheaper on PC

9) See 1

10) Re-read 4, 6, 8 and 1 again.

Sometimes the single player experience can get dull. That's why I play MMORPGs and PSO (which still r0x0rz).

We're not all rich like you be'otch

And some of us don't have that much time to waste on a life sucking MMORPG.

Just because I don't own the game doesn't make me hate it.

I don't hate it. I never said I hated it. I haven't played it so I have no reason to say I hate it. I'm just saying that I don't play MMORPGs because they waste too much of my time which could be spent doing better and more important things.

true that..mmorpg takes a long time.and the thing i hate most is..

after playing for like 5 years... and suddenly the company announces that they are going to stop the service or either its going to be p2p.. i hate it!

examples..

ragnarok (korean version)

gunbound

talesweaver

although gunbound isn't mmorpg.. its turning p2p..making me mad.. B)

And some of us don't have that much time to waste on a life sucking MMORPG.

Just because I don't own the game doesn't make me hate it.

I don't hate it. I never said I hated it. I haven't played it so I have no reason to say I hate it. I'm just saying that I don't play MMORPGs because they waste too much of my time which could be spent doing better and more important things.

I never wanted to imply that you hated it. And yes, your reason for not playing it is the same as mine.

true that..mmorpg takes a long time.and the thing i hate most is..

after playing for like 5 years... and suddenly the company announces that they are going to stop the service or either its going to be p2p.. i hate it!

examples..

ragnarok (korean version)

gunbound

talesweaver

although gunbound isn't mmorpg.. its turning p2p..making me mad.. B)

Companies need to pay for servers and pay for net admins and tech support staff. Servers aren't actually theres. EQ for example, their servers are rented from Samsung.

It shows that people are actually greedy when it's free.

Time being a factor is true. I rarely get times to play FFXI anymore. Or to put out a 8-10 hour session anymore. Gladly schools almost over 8) So I can put some time into it.

It's all about final fantasy 7

i never really liked FF8, the only reason why i even played it cause

SQUALL IS A ZEROX copy of G A C K T *nod* :rolleyes: other than that blah :D

OMG, i didnt read this thread (in a hurry) but anyone that says ff8> ff7 is on crack. where to start

FF7 had better: characters, storyline, fighting system, magic system, world map, vehicles...

ff8 haf:crappy lead char..actualyl everyone except quistis pretty much sucked.. junctioning was crap.."hey, ill just make all my guys absorb everything"..

only thing better about 8 was the card game, which wouldnt have worked in ff7 so who cares about it...

FF7>>>>>>>>>>>>>(infinite) ff8