2 Surveys..?.. Amd Vs Intel.. And Nvidia Vs Ati

so i posted a message 3 days ago about my new comp that i got..

i got the ati radeon 9800 pro graphic card..and i have informed that nvidias graphic card is better.what do you guys think?..

and..

amd vs intel.. who uses amd..and who uses intel>??.

cons and pros..

i need answers! :blink:

ATi's latest cards wipe nVidia in all most all games (Battlefield is the only one that it does fairly excellent, but is just a few fps off of nVidia's card).

You're still getting a peice of hardware with that 9800Pro. 9800Pro is still top of the line. (The XT/X800XT Pro and the 5950/6800Ultra cards are flagship cards, as in, the company's greatest demo cards, not worth the money IMO. Just get the basic versions, replace stock cooling and flash the bios and you get your self a 9800XT/5950)

As for AMD vs Intel, I prefer AMD because their cheaper and easier to OC(and unlocked to OC in the first place), only drawback is their crap stock cooling. Intel has been great until they locked their CPU's from getting OC'd in 1998 to now. If your going to get an intel cpu in the near future, get a cpu from the Northwood line. Their unlocked and better then an Intel Genuin.

I'm an ATI + AMD guy. AMD is cheaper and performs just as well as Intel. AMD is also a hell of a lot easier to overclock and the cooling isn't THAT bad. I overclocked my Athlon from 1.1 ghz to 1.26 with stock cooling. I had to get a Tornado to bring it up to a stable 1.4 but it was noisy as hell. And I root for the underdog. :blink:

ATI just simply owned Nvidia in this last video card bout but I think Nvidia has struck back pretty hard with the GeForce 6.

Wow, well then... :blink:

For me, it would have to be Intel and Nvidia. I could go with AMD but will always use Nvidia graphics cards. ATi is just too alien for me, and the GeForce 6800 pretty much destroy's everything ATi has made, but ATi has yet to strike back with a new card. Either way, I've always used Intel and Nvidia, and always will.

I use whatever suits me at the time. im running a 9500 pro right now, upgraded froma geforce ti4200.

i have an athlon xp 2700+ upgraded from a p4 1.8

for me, they both perform well, and each run equally stable for me.

• 2 months later...

sorry for bringing up an old thread but ive been debating on which card to get.. the x800xt or the latest nvidia card..

i think in one of the recent threads, it showed that nvidia was lot better than x800xt..

so if you guys have used the two cards before.. coudl you give me some information on how the card is?.. thanks

Like Jonh Carmack said. FPS isn't always everything. It also depends on your hardware and software and how you tweak it. Oh yeah

Evil Bump