Wisdom Tooth

Alright this sucks. Well, my wisdom tooth may potentially cause me problems if I just let 'em stay. See, I already had my braces off a while back, but as my fricking wisdom tooth wants to emerge, it's crowding up my jaw and my top retainer still fits (sorta) but I can't get my bottom one to fit anymore cuz my teeth are starting to become crooked once more, thanks to the emerging wisdom teeth. Wonderful. :angry:

So I am at a point in which I must choose to probably get surgery to have these f#ckers removed or just let 'em stay and continue to f*ck up 2 and 1/2 years of Orthodontic work! Cuz frankly, I don't think I wanna let my teeth get any more crooked than it is started to get.

To add to the problem, I've also got some cavities which I probably need to get taken care of before any surgery can be done on my wisdom teeth; and no doubt I'll probably hear some lecture from my retarded dentist about taking care of my teeth blah blah. (I blame this on all those coffee I've been drinking in order to stay up doing school work/studying, only to end up exhausted and just crash into slumber land without brushing -- poor excuse?)

(I planned on enjoying my two weeks off from school before I start summer school, but looks like it ain't going to turn out like I hoped for.)

Anyway, I hear the recovery can be rather slow after removing these "wisdom teeth", and sometimes bleeding may be very persistent, swelling of the jaw may occur, possible complications from surgery, and on and on. Great. Just great.

I know surgery is not a must, but my teeth tend to have deep roots and already I'm getting flashbacks of my retarded dentist manually trying to extract 4 tooth (2 lower, 2 upper) before I got my braces. That bastard was sweating and puffing like a pig, and I remember that the skin from my tongue peeled off because his stupid instrument rubbing against it as he tried to extract my tooth -- tongue was bleeding for like 2 straight days after. Yeah, I'm probably gonna need to have it surgically removed.

I know most of you guys here are around the age when you get your wisdom tooth or just past that age, so I was hoping some of you can share any stories you may have and whether you had them removed, and whatever. (I'm done for now, but ask me for clarifications if you need.)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have four wisdom teeth and they haven't given me any problems. The only thing even somehow related to pain was that my gums were sore when the teeth started growing.

Edited by Agozer

I have to get my wisdom teeth removed soon also by surgery. Sucks to have cavaties because I hate having them stick a drill in my mouth and remove them.

I have four wisdom teeth and the haven't given me any problems. The only thing even somehow related to pain was that my gums were sore when the teeth started growing.

They're gonna give u problems later in life, n they're the first that r gonna go cuz no matter how hard u try n keep them clean, u can't maintain it perfectly. So they're gonna rot when yur old n then yur gonna have to take them out at that point n it's gonna suck worse then taking them out earlier.

I have four wisdom teeth and the haven't given me any problems. The only thing even somehow related to pain was that my gums were sore when the teeth started growing.

They're gonna give u problems later in life, n they're the first that r gonna go cuz no matter how hard u try n keep them clean, u can't maintain it perfectly. So they're gonna rot when yur old n then yur gonna have to take them out at that point n it's gonna suck worse then taking them out earlier.

Ah, but I have gotten excellent marks from my dentist regarding the wisdom teeth. Since my wisdom teeth are fully grown now, she suggested just small checkups every now and then. If things start to look bad at all, I'm getting them removed; not earlier.

I've never had any cavities either.

Edited by Agozer

Someone who's never even had cavaities in their life....amazing! What is your secret? Or do you brush after every single meal?

Anyway, when it seems like life is going bad, it throws you a curveball....and it only gets worse! :angry: OMFG!! I'm speechless after what has happened this morning at home. For now, all I'll say is, it takes great courage to continue living with your folks. So for all you brethren who are also living with their parents....well, (lol) don't know what to say; I'm in the same boat.

Carry on with the topic. It seems no one thus far has had any problems with wisdom teeth except me. Wow... Most people I talk to tells me they had to have them removed at some point. (I wonder if most of you are are even bothering to read my posts when replying to this.)

Someone who's never even had cavaities in their life....amazing! What is your secret? Or do you brush after every single meal?

Actually no, I don't. I just brush my teeth every morning and evening. That is all.

I had braces for four years, and after that, it looked as if my wisdom teeth would give me trouble. So I had them all surgically removed. They knocked me out for forty minutes or so, and when I woke up my face was swollen to the size of a football!!! It stayed swollen for about a week, so on the first few days, don't try and eat anything major. The stitches dissolved/came out about a month later, by themselves.

In the end though, it was worth it. I would recommend it. It's no big deal, as apparently it is a very common procedure.

True story - getting my wisdom teeth out was my first major operation. I was abit woozy when I woke up, as you are after being knocked out with general anaesthetic. Anyway, the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was this stunning blonde female with dazzling eyes, a radiant smile and titantic cleavage, leaning over me! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, and I was being met by an angel! But I soon realised it was just a nurse, waking me up. A very sexy nurse!