Tomorrow : The 1st Legal Gay Marriage !

Mr.X

'R U personally favourable or not ?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's a true story for everybody! One of my good friends and I were chillin' drinkin' some beers a couple years ago. Well he decided he wanted to smoke some Crys, which at the time I didn't have a problem with. Well he got all zingy and hit on me...that killed it!! We don't really talk anymore cuz it's too weird for the both of us. I always wondered if he was a little fruity cuz he never really had girlfriends. Well I guess my point is I don't care if you're gay and want to get married or whatever.....just don't ask me to suck your **** and grab me like he did and we're cool.....but I'm not so sure about the gay couple trying to adopt thing.

(Post Edited By GameCop | Reason: I don't care if your gay or straight, that's not exactly PG-13 Material now is it?)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, yeah, I'm for gay marriages. I don't see what a big deal it is anyway, seeing as at least 50% of marriages end in divorce, and for that matter you can't really be against gay marriages for believing that marriage is sacred if you don't kick up a fuss about the ever increasing amount of marriages that are not held in a church (or mosque or temple or whatever), because that's flaunting the original 'religious' propositions of marriage anyway.

And besides, these things are just a formality, gay couples just want a chance to be able to for example keep their home if the gay person whose name it was under (it couldn't be in both their names, because they're not married) happens to be die or something, or a chance to get joint custody or whatever if they split up. As it is gay lovers have basically no protection under the law, and, like it or not, they represent a sizeable portion of the population (I just learned in psychology that between 3-6% of adolescents come out in high-school; and roughly 6% of girls and 18% of boys this age report some kind of homosexual encounter). So all of you prejudiced people have to learn to accept homosexuals as part of our society; and giving their relationships the same degree of legal protection as our relationships is a damn good start.

I will support it, but I don't think it's right, personally.

And maybe I am a hopeless romantic, but marriage should be sacred and special. If I ever get married, I will try to make mine that way.

Edited by Basara

I am assuming that you guys did not take my previous post serious?

Wow fatal, you catch on quick.

Wow cominus you don't realize sarcasm do you?

I dont know you well enough to pick that up. Some people are natrually hippocritic.

Seriously Fatal, what do you expect us to answer to your topics? I think you should work on your "morality". Just an advice.

Well good for them, legal marriage!

I'm glad gay marriage is legal in some places, now two people who and are of the same sex and love each other can get married.

*nod*

"We're Heterosexual By Default Not By decision, it All Depends On Whom You Fancy"

~~~~ on a lighter note

when frisco was issuing illegal marriage liceneces my friend and i were going to get married for fun :angry: it's tax deductible and valid only in frisco :P

goodtimes :D

Here's something for u all to think about, n I know many of u use the idea of 'it's not natural' as a defense to the idea of whether homosexuality is 'right' or 'wrong'. Some people claim that it's not natural because u don't see animals in nature exhibiting homosexual tendencies n whatnot. Well that's wrong, animals have been shown to exhibit homosexual tendencies whether it be a lack of cognitive processing or they like to do it, they have displayed it. HOWEVER, consider this arguments aswell: some animals have been known to show signs of cannibalism and/or eating their own children. Does that mean then that it's 'ok' and natural for humans to act the same way?

Who's to say what is natural n what isn't for the human species?

I mean we alter our physical appearances through the use of plastic/constructive surgery, we engage in sodomy (whether it be homosexual or heterosexual), we use chemicals to alter our physical and/or mental states... does all of this equate to what u would really consider 'natural'?

We shouldn't compare ourselves to nature because being human is what seperates us from the animals, at least I feel that it is relevant to say so. We r a species based upon cognition n intelligence, aside from merely 'instinct' which is what we refer to as the behavior of animals. We act how we think, sure there is some instinct behind our actions but that does not govern our actions, at least I think so. We also act how we feel... n like many homosexuals claim, it is natural for them because that's what they r, they were born that way. Whether that's true or not is up to speculation n scientific evaluation, because even psychology with it's many studies on environment n social engagement etc. can't disprove the possibility that maybe some of us ARE born that way.

Lastly, consider social trends. You should understand that society's view also governs what is 'wrong' n 'right', just as in Greek n Roman times the act of homosexuality was a priviledge n social commodity. If u think society had no hold onto how u feel that homosexuality is either 'wrong' or 'right', then yur mistaken.

Homosexuality is human 'nature' meaning that it's 'natural' because it's not uncommon within our species (look at history), n to hate 'them' is to hate yurself because gays r human too n anyone/everyone could be gay, even if u don't choose to be homosexual (yes some people choose which way to go). But that also goes to say, that anyone/everyone could be straight too.

EDIT:..or hey, even both. :angry:

EDIT AGAIN: Oh ya, I also recall reading in recent psychological studies, the outcome of children whether they be raised by straight parents or gay parents has little to no affect on what lifestyle they choose.

Edited by nyuuka

Apparently the catholic church and other religious zealots :angry:....but studying those is really not my forté.

Edited by Agozer

QUOTE (nyuuka @ May 17 2004, 08:32 PM)

Apparently the catholic church and other religious zealots....but studying those is really not my forté

No sh*t. I only want to get married once, so I'm not getting married til' I'm like 30 or so. I'm catholic but I'm not the most religous guy in the world. However, the hell if I'm waiting for any action prior to getting married! :lol: If my future wife to be is pure when I first meet her(which I doubt), she's not gonna be for very long :P Edited by BuRRdRinkA