Vba 1.7....

Just wondering, what filters you guys use to play games using VBA 1.7?

I usually switch between TV mode and AdvanceMAME scale 2x.... what about you guys?

Just wanna gather more info on which filter's the best when playing at 3x the original screen size (the original screen size is really too damned small to see what's happening in the game)

I do not use filters at all.

Did VBA use HQxx? If my computer would be fast enough, I'd use those.

I see a hq2x and Iq2x

but my computer lags real bad when using them...

No filters at all? what's your screen size? 2x? 3x? fullscreen? I noticed that when using 3x without filters, the screen looks blurry =\

I do not use filters at all.

Did VBA use HQxx? If my computer would be fast enough, I'd use those.

I see a hq2x and Iq2x

but my computer lags real bad when using them...

No filters at all? what's your screen size? 2x? 3x? fullscreen? I noticed that when using 3x without filters, the screen looks blurry =\

I play either with 1x, 2x or fullscreen.

I would use hq2x (the best filter out for emus yet. Anyone agree?) but it lags like hell on my 1.6ghz P4 (its my uber-crappy ATI Rage 128 Pro thats holding me back). I wonder though, cuz i can run ZSNES with the best sound and graphics settings and only get lag when intense graphics effects come into play, but when i try to use it VBA it lags like hell.......

I would use hq2x (the best filter out for emus yet. Anyone agree?) but it lags like hell on my 1.6ghz P4 (its my uber-crappy ATI Rage 128 Pro thats holding me back). I wonder though, cuz i can run ZSNES with the best sound and graphics settings and only get lag when intense graphics effects come into play, but when i try to use it VBA it lags like hell.......

HQ4x is far better, but the CPU strain is immense. Emulating a GBA need much more computer power than emulating a SNES; even if it is just a handheld system.

All the HQxx code is the same in all emulators (MaxSt' code to be exact), the implementation is the only thing that is different between emulators.

I use Super Eagle of Super2xsai. Scanlines in emulators are WAY overdone, no TV (or arcade monitor) shows scanlines as much as the filters that emulators have do. I also prefer my graphics to look smoother than the original if possible, scanlines aren't bad on the real thing cause you don't even notice em, but the filters used to simulate them on your PC monitor are HORRIBLY overdone and look disgustingly UNreal.