A Political Cartoon...my Reaction To Recent Events

Uh huh... why don't you just keep your mouth shut and let the rest of us continue this important debate.  :D

Important my ass let alone an actual debate. I might have to go out and buy some of y'all some Midol from the useless whining I've read.

All this is, or any of the other topics related, are complete speculations of bullcrap.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh huh... why don't you just keep your mouth shut and let the rest of us continue this important debate.  :D

Important my ass let alone an actual debate. I might have to go out and buy some of y'all some Midol from the useless whining I've read.

All this is, or any of the other topics related, are complete speculations of bullcrap.

Haha! Okay, then don't read these threads. It's that simple.

So the pictures of prisoner abuse and the beheading of a guy are complete speculations of bullcrap? The invasion of Iraq is complete speculation? The reasons behind the war are still debatable but they're not speculations of bullcrap. Why don't you bring a real valid argument to this table and then talk crap, till then just shut the flock up.

Skythe, dun mean to offend u, but from your comment, i can only say that

u r "this is not happening to me, so I dun care. I am safe here" kind of guy.

Well, good luck to you in becoming a better human in the world.

Haha! Okay, then don't read these threads. It's that simple.

So the pictures of prisoner abuse and the beheading of a guy are complete speculations of bullcrap? The invasion of Iraq is complete speculation? The reasons behind the war are still debatable but they're not speculations of bullcrap. Why don't you bring a real valid argument to this table and then talk crap, till then just shut the flock up.

..besides, this is the first topic I've made that's actually gone for 12+ pages! It can't end now!

I'm thinking of doing a new cartoon, but am impeded by the fact that I can't draw.

What I want to do is have George Bush, John Howard and Tony Blair all riding a camel, and the camel is dragging a box behind him full to the brim of nukes, missiles, flamethrowers, etc.. etc... and they're riding the camel through the Middle Eastern desert, on the border of some country called 'hurtzomalia' or something. There'd be a sign on the border saying 'welcome to hurtzomalia, population: 3 goats' and Bush is saying to the others, 'they might have WMDs, we're going in.'

This is a reference to the fact that international governments have now changed their tune so much now its clear that there are no huge stockpiles of WMDs to discover. Specifically its a reference to something Howard (our Prime Minister) said recently - he said that the coalition's commitment to the war on Iraq proves that the world 'will not tolerate actual or potential prolifferations of WMDs' - pretty much admitting that they were wrong in the first place - and then there's also the fact to consider that anyone could 'potentially' have WMDs, not to mention the fact that America had over 20,000 nukes after the ending of the Cold War.

If there are any good cartoonists out there and they want to design that cartoon, that'd be great. If it matters, you'll get artistic credits for the cartoon too (I'll get writing credits tho).

Here we come to the big word: "potential". It summarizes quite well the neocon theory of "preventive war". This is really the biggest scam I've ever seen.

Could you imagine a trial for a murder where the murderer says: "Maybe he had a kalachnikov or a grenade in his bag, or maybe he was a psychopath, he could have killed me! So I just shot him. (And his money/oil/land/whatever... accidently fell in my pocket.)"

I can't stress it enough: what the neocons call "preventive war" is the first step towards FASCISM. And I'm not using that word lightly.

Edited by taratata

Here we come to the big word: "potential". It summarizes quite well the neocon theory of "preventive war". This is really the biggest scam I've ever seen.

Could you imagine a trial for a murder where the murderer says: "Maybe he had a kalachnikov or a grenade in his bag, or maybe he was a psychopath, he could have killed me! So I just shot him. (And his money/oil/land/whatever... accidently fell in my pocket.)"

I can't stress it enough: what the neocons call "preventive war" is the first step towards FASCISM. And I'm not using that word lightly.

Damn good point: I couldn't have thought of a better analogy to describe the situation myself.

Is it me or is all the commotion of this news die down already? I seldom seen it in the news or read it from the newspaper already. Government conspiracy? ;P

We're still getting alot of this on the news...especially because there are two Aussies in Guantanamo bay, that have been kept there for two years without being charged with anything (one of them has a wife and two kids!), and one of them, David Hicks, has been tortured as well, apparently, and his defence lawyer has found an American willing to testify, but the guy can't say anything until the Australian Government asks the American Government to let him talk, but of course seeing as our prime minister has his tongue buried three inches up Bush's....*cough*... he won't ask them.

Edit: news update, the American gov't won't let Australian investigators see the detainees' cells, or release transcripts of talks between Australian officials and the detainees to the Australian Government, and surprise surprise, Australian officials haven't asked if the way the two men had been treated complies with the Geneva convention.

Edited by random guy

Is it me or is all the commotion of this news die down already? I seldom seen it in the news or read it from the newspaper already. Government conspiracy? ;P

It hasn't died down here at all, I see those horrid abuse pictures everyday still. But Bush's speech tonight will become the main news and overshadow the abuse and mistakes.

It hasn't died down here at all, I see those horrid abuse pictures everyday still. But Bush's speech tonight will become the main news and overshadow the abuse and mistakes.

Everytime Bushe makes a speech (retarded or less retarded) every other news is only second best. ;)