A Political Cartoon...my Reaction To Recent Events

And L.S.D, I wasn't attacking your country, its people or its policy. I was just stating what I saw on this PBS special on terrorism. 

No hard feelings, brah <_<

What was that wgroup that captured some tourist and held then captive in a jungle. I remember this incident because there were two finnish hostages....happened roughly two years ago or so.

It is the kidnapping of tourists by Sulu pirates at Pulau Sipadan, Malaysia.

Yes, giving us a bad name again when the pirates concerned is from Philippines! (Sulu Island to be exact!)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, giving us a bad name again when the pirates concerned is from Philippines! (Sulu Island to be exact!)

Fear our penninsula(sp?)!

Good point, but on the other hand, saying that pulling out would be a disaster is not putting much faith in the Iraqi people. Again I'll use the analogy - if it was the US that had been invaded and had its leader deposed, would you rather it was your own countrymen or the occupying country that chose your next leadership? I don't think that if this had happened in a technologically industrialised world (eg. the West, pretty much), it would be expected that any other country than the one which had been invaded would choose their new leader.

That said, I am aware that Iraq is in a fair mess right now - divided into three religious-based groups united only by a hatred of the occupying army. That said, given that the Bush government has made a shambles out of invading the country, I don't think it should be up to them to choose Iraq's next Government (so, yes, including the UN would be a big step forward, another good point).

This is true, but right now Iraq is in such political chaos there would almost certainly be a civil war if the coalition troops are pulled out. The coalition troops are more or less keeping the peace and keeping all the different sects from fighting each other to be the dominant power. The extremists want an oppressive Islamic state and the rest of the people want freedom. Then there are the three major Islamic groups: the Shiite, the Sunni, and the Kurds. They all want to be in control but without a foreign entity (be it the UN or the coalition) there to try to balance the situation out, it would be utter chaos. The Iraqi governing council as an interim government prior to nationwide elections is a good idea though the US is seriously rushing things. The Iraqi people need to know that they are in charge of their future instead of Washington. The Iraqi people also need to know that they have the backing of the international community to keep them safe during this time of new government.

And I am glad that the Pentagon has finally figured out that Ahmed Chalabi is a lying power hungy bastard (hmm...so is Bush...) and have stopped funding him.

And K'Dash, I thought in the War of 1812 the British burned down the White House. But I'm sure you cannuks were somehow involved...sneaky bastards. :P

And K'Dash, I thought in the War of 1812 the British burned down the White House. But I'm sure you cannuks were somehow involved...sneaky bastards. :P

We were all about being ninja until we made French Canadians :P

Wow! After 12 pages of reading, my eyes are gatting tired. I'd just like to point a few things out, that may have been missed.

I quoted this post, I could have quoted another.

Oh come on, have we even gotten even for 9-11 yet (in terms of people killed). I suggest we drop a few nukes, call it a day, and fire Bush.

To begin with, why would you have to get even? Someone here quoted: "An eye for an eye, and the world goes blind."

Second, even with who? Al Qaeda is an international organisation, not linked to any country. Average iraqis and afghans don't have anything to do with them.

And what about Lybia? Kaddafi(sp?) backed up and protected terrorists. Unlike concerning Iraq, this is proven. He just paid a comfortable amount of money to the US and the EU, licked some american and european asses, and now he's clean and welcome everywhere.

Last but not least: the US are quite lucky (well, that's not real luck, just power balance) that other countries don't try to "get even". Vietnam (no need for explanations there), Panama (4,000 killed just to remove former CIA agent Noriega that had disobeyed the CIA), Chile (funny to notice that Aliende's CIA-organized murder, which led to Pinochet and thousands of deaths, took place on 9/11/73), Somalia, and so many others...

I hope you get my point.

Btw, sorry for being late on this one :) I've had a lot of work to do recently, and couldn't come here.

And keep it cool guys! This is just about comparing each other's opinions and getting the best of both :P

No one knows the truth. Thus all mouths should stay shut on this matter and any matter related and wait for the ending outcome. All retarded rumors end too.

No one knows the truth. Thus all mouths should stay shut on this matter and any matter related and wait for the ending outcome. All retarded rumors end too.

For the matter all us, including you, shouldn't talk.

Uh huh... why don't you just keep your mouth shut and let the rest of us continue this important debate. :)

Uh huh... why don't you just keep your mouth shut and let the rest of us continue this important debate. :)

:P Quite right GK ;)

Anyway, there'll probably be no strict "ending" to this. I don't think the ruling of a US army trial deserves any trust.

We will never see an actual ending per se. Just more extremist attacks to push the U.S. out of Iraqi soil for the better or worse of the country.