Capcom Fighting Jam

I'm a 2D fighting game fan, so of course I'm going to get CFJ. But the average gamer deserves better. We've been waiting for Capcom to return to former glory for years and this isn't going to make up for it. It seems like they're banking on XBox Live to sell these games, not any kind of creativity.

The "average" gamers these days like 3D games over 2D. Because they think 2D is outdated(In respect to it, it is, but the limits have not been reached yet, they hit the peak during 1994-1995 with the release of several good fighters).

Perfect Example...

USA and Japan consider Castlevania: Symphony of the Night a classic ass game...

European mags Bashed it 'cause it looked old school, and sold like sh--t over there because of that shallow opinion...

(Note: if Castlevania:SotN was your first Castlevania game...you DON'T know Castlevania)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 2D fighting game fan, so of course I'm going to get CFJ. But the average gamer deserves better. We've been waiting for Capcom to return to former glory for years and this isn't going to make up for it. It seems like they're banking on XBox Live to sell these games, not any kind of creativity.

The "average" gamers these days like 3D games over 2D. Because they think 2D is outdated(In respect to it, it is, but the limits have not been reached yet, they hit the peak during 1994-1995 with the release of several good fighters).

Perfect Example...

European mags Bashed it 'cause it looked old school, and sold like sh--t over there because of that shallow opinion...

(Note: if Castlevania:SotN was your first Castlevania game...you DON'T know Castlevania)

I'm one of those people who get all nostalgic when I play Castlevania. When I first got my NES, that was the only game I had for 6 months.

I dun play Castlevania but I do remember my first arcade game.

It is a platform kung fu game, where you have to wade thru 5 floors of baddies,

birds etc etc. Forget the name :D

And my first PC game is DigDug and the burger game :D Without colour!

And I was born in the 70s, if you r wondering.

Edited by L.S.D

Perfect Example...

I'm one of those people who get all nostalgic when I play Castlevania. When I first got my NES, that was the only game I had for 6 months.

I love Castlevania games, but I've never been too good with it. :blink:

The thing that really pissed me off with the older Castlenvania's was the respawning of monsters if you backed up a little bit.