Capcom Fighting Jam

I don't think Capcom needs to make new games with new characters. They just need to put more effort into every aspect of their games. KOF gets a lot of praise for at least putting an effort into their storylines. Capcom has butchered their own continuity many times and even any game's plot on its own is pathetic. Capcom needs to keep the familiar faces, but make the games from scratch, with appropriate graphics for this era. It's almost as if they just like spitting out the same formula from the same team unwilling to go the extra mile with the graphics and music. It's like they pull the graphics, sound, and presentation value out of a hat full of the old ways of doing things. They spend millions on a game like Devil May Cry and cash in rolls of quarters for the classic series like Street Fighter and Megaman.

Capcom Fighting Jam looks like a late 90's fighting game. It's time to leap forward instead of taking a baby step. Bump the resolution up to begin with, create some music that doesn't sound like Jazzpanese or generic techno, and create a deep story for once. Dream match games are getting to be worse than Tetris clones.

I'm a 2D fighting game fan, so of course I'm going to get CFJ. But the average gamer deserves better. We've been waiting for Capcom to return to former glory for years and this isn't going to make up for it. It seems like they're banking on XBox Live to sell these games, not any kind of creativity.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with the revival of 2/3 week old threads O.o

Because some semi-evil people do so. Actually, I consider a thread old/dead once it has been inactive for a month.

Because some semi-evil people do so. Actually, I consider a thread old/dead once it has been inactive for a month.

I give it two weeks.

But I agree with Carnicero about how Capcom doesn't go into the plot like the KOF games. Capcom never even released official bios for most of the SF3 characters which I thought was really lazy.

I give it two weeks.

But I agree with Carnicero about how Capcom doesn't go into the plot like the KOF games. Capcom never even released official bios for most of the SF3 characters which I thought was really lazy.

Had they ever released complete bios? I don't know, since I haven't looked into that.

I give it two weeks.

Had they ever released complete bios? I don't know, since I haven't looked into that.

SF2, not sure which version.

I'm a 2D fighting game fan, so of course I'm going to get CFJ. But the average gamer deserves better. We've been waiting for Capcom to return to former glory for years and this isn't going to make up for it. It seems like they're banking on XBox Live to sell these games, not any kind of creativity.

The "average" gamers these days like 3D games over 2D. Because they think 2D is outdated(In respect to it, it is, but the limits have not been reached yet, they hit the peak during 1994-1995 with the release of several good fighters).

The "average" gamers these days like 3D games over 2D. Because they think 2D is outdated

Because they have been born in the 90s. :)

Dang blasted younguns! With their hip and cool XBOX and Rock 'Em Sock Em' robots and Phantom Gaming Service...

The "average" gamers these days like 3D games over 2D. Because they think 2D is outdated

Because they have been born in the 90s. :)

Dang blasted younguns! With their hip and cool XBOX and Rock 'Em Sock Em' robots and Phantom Gaming Service...

K man you rule :P

I don't think Capcom needs to make new games with new characters. They just need to put more effort into every aspect of their games. KOF gets a lot of praise for at least putting an effort into their storylines. Capcom has butchered their own continuity many times and even any game's plot on its own is pathetic. Capcom needs to keep the familiar faces, but make the games from scratch, with appropriate graphics for this era. It's almost as if they just like spitting out the same formula from the same team unwilling to go the extra mile with the graphics and music. It's like they pull the graphics, sound, and presentation value out of a hat full of the old ways of doing things. They spend millions on a game like Devil May Cry and cash in rolls of quarters for the classic series like Street Fighter and Megaman.

Capcom Fighting Jam looks like a late 90's fighting game. It's time to leap forward instead of taking a baby step. Bump the resolution up to begin with, create some music that doesn't sound like Jazzpanese or generic techno, and create a deep story for once. Dream match games are getting to be worse than Tetris clones.

Valid f--ckin' point man...