Capcom Fighting Jam

Just before you say anything about Marvel. The Marvel license was sold too Activision, so Capcom cannot use Marvel characters.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just before you say anything about Marvel. The Marvel license was sold too Activision, so Capcom cannot use Marvel characters.

I thought it was sold to Electronic Arts?

EA has rights to the movie licenses. Activision has the rights to the show/comic.

What i meant to say was If they'ed only redrawn ever sprite or some of them into the SFIII form then this game would have kicked azz

This is from the Gamespot article:

Fighting Jam is a two-on-two game, but you it isn’t a classic tag battle setup like some of Capcom’s previous games. Instead, the game lets you choose which fighter you want to take into battle before the start of every round. Characters maintain the same fighting styles--and in some cases, the same character sprites--that they had in their original game. The game will use the standard, Street Fighter-style six-button setup.

The character list currently looks a little thin, but Capcom has only announced two fighters from each game. Representing Street Fighter II are Ryu and Guile. Demitri and Felicia appear courtesy of Darkstalkers. Though she appeared in Street Fighter II, as well, Chun-Li is paired with Yun on the Street Fighter III side of things. Street Fighter Alpha brings Guy and Sakura into the fray, and Red Earth provides Leo and Hauser. The game will contain additional hidden fighters.

ahhhh very interesting concept....again capcom has created another type of team-like game play. im glad it aint strikers though. im sure the hidden characters are the likes of Ken, Morgan, and Akuma or Bison. But this is CAPCOM fighting jam, so u never know, there could be spiderman and other marvel dudes too...so far, very interesting...

That was how the system in Rival School's was. You could choose who you wanted to play as before each round. It's nothing new. But Capcom did come up with it. :)

ooooo i never played that game bc of my hatred for 3d fighters. but i heard it was very good and ive yet to play it so excuse for my false accusation. =)

EA has rights to the movie licenses. Activision has the rights to the show/comic.

Aaaah...I see now. Thanks for that info.

And Bomba, I too don't like very many 3D fighters but I really enjoy Rival Schools. It has a very 2D mentality. :)

Not to say anything or to make you look stupid, but thats WAS the whole idea with CFAS.

if anyone still hasn't seen the trailer go to www.game-media.com/

it's under "multiplatform" / "videos"

why it's under multiplatform I dunno. since so far it's only been said to be for PS2.

edit in: after seeing capcoms e3 site. I am pretty sure it'll be coming to xbox too.

each game there has its console logo at the bottom and CFJ has both PS2 and Xbox logos. where as say resident evil 4 has a gamecube logo. all I gotta say is YAY! I don't wanna buya new ps2 unless I have to.

Edited by garageink

Telling from the vids. I Think they re-drew the DS sprites. I mean just look at Dimitri!