Sega's Surprise?!?!

Inky

here's all I've found out about segas "huge" announcement.:

taken from gamespot

The publisher made no mention of Phantasy Star Universe at its "surprise" press announcement this morning, where the only thing shown was a multiplayer demo of the Matrix Online. It didn't divulge much more information about the early-in-development game at its booth, either, other than show a trailer for Universe. No info on platforms or release date were made available.

2 things.

1: Sega, You Suck!

2: Sega, kudos for making the whole game industry rumor mill go bonkers over NOTHING!!!!!11!!!1oneoneoneone!

Their press conference was today, that news is from a few days ago.
By Brad Shoemaker -- GameSpot

POSTED: 05/12/04 01:35PM PST

that's at the bottom of the page I refranced.

here's the whole article:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/12/news_6097766.html

Has someone heard something new?... about the BIG surprise

that was it. :( if it was anything else it would be all over the place by now.

e3insider.com came out of the closet to say:

Sega’s surprise announcement that they’re working on Matrix Online was coupled with an impressive working demo in their exhibit.

face it we (the entire game community) got duped. no console, no handheld, no shenmue III. consider it an internet rumor life lesson :(

Edited by garageink

Sega’s surprise announcement that they’re working on Matrix Online was coupled with an impressive working demo in their exhibit.

face it we (the entire game community) got duped. no console, no handheld, no shenmue III. consider it an internet rumor life lesson ;)

Well, Sega pulled a fast one on us. :( Not that I really looked forward to Shenmue III, since I've never played I or II.

This wasn't the first time Sega did something like this.

face it we (the entire game community) got duped. no console, no handheld, no shenmue III. consider it an internet rumor life lesson :blink:

i thought shenmue 3 was gonna be on xbox........? :P

face it we (the entire game community) got duped. no console, no handheld, no shenmue III. consider it an internet rumor life lesson :blink:

i thought shenmue 3 was gonna be on xbox........? :P

I didn't even know Shenmue 3 was being made.