Nintendo DS Vs PSP

You seen both of them now...which one will be successful?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm probably going to get one. I was planning to get  a SP for a long time now, but that idea went down the tube the moment I found of DS was backwards compatible.

What really has potential is emulation on the DS. Since the DS will be able to play gba games...that means it will be able to use flash carts. I believe that a Snes Emulator has been in development for the SP but it lacks the buttons and the power to emulate properly. It would probably be harder to do it before, but now with the ds (hopefully having six buttons, I couldn't see the shoulder of the handheld) would have enough power.

I know its a long shot but if its pulled off, that could very add another thousand titles to the DS game list.

They showed off the DS on Livewire (Gamespy/IGN). And the shoulder buttons are there and intergrated into the shell (Kinda like the normal GBA). Flash media cart slot is at the top and the bottom part of the DS houses the GBA games. And it will have enough power :blink:

Sony fanboys can die once they figure out the battery life for the PSP.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to get one. I was planning to get  a SP for a long time now, but that idea went down the tube the moment I found of DS was backwards compatible.

What really has potential is emulation on the DS. Since the DS will be able to play gba games...that means it will be able to use flash carts. I believe that a Snes Emulator has been in development for the SP but it lacks the buttons and the power to emulate properly. It would probably be harder to do it before, but now with the ds (hopefully having six buttons, I couldn't see the shoulder of the handheld) would have enough power.

I know its a long shot but if its pulled off, that could very add another thousand titles to the DS game list.

They showed off the DS on Livewire (Gamespy/IGN). And the shoulder buttons are there and intergrated into the shell (Kinda like the normal GBA). Flash media cart slot is at the top and the bottom part of the DS houses the GBA games. And it will have enough power :D

Sony fanboys can die once they figure out the battery life for the PSP.

Heheh, nice. Hopefully, the programmers will have a good version of SnesAdvance early in the DS' life.

@K' Dash

Aren't a little bit too hostile towards the psp :blink::P

@K' Dash

Aren't a little bit too hostile towards the psp  :blink:  :P

People keep saying it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well I got news for you (not aimed AT you, i'm using the expression). It isn't.

Oh, I see. Sony PSP looks pretty nice...but I really do enjoy my bread.

But do you like it sliced?

Both the DS and the PSP are cool. DS has their nice 2 screen set up while the PSP has a Big Ass screen. And after watching game footage of both systems, graphically the DS lies in between the 64 and the Cube, while the PSP lies in between his big brothers, PS and PS2.

Obviously we havent seen in graphics the full potential these systems have until they are released.

As for price....DS will have the upper hand. Counting the games it can already play at launch, players will probably just have to pay for the system. I can see the system sell at 150 or less at launch. Which is no biggie seeing all the things it can do right at the start

As for the PSP, it will be pricy. Most likely it will retail around 200 or more at launch. And for games, it looks like it will sell just like its big brother games at 50 bucks. Price range for the PSP: $300 with games n all. Probably, just an estimated guess.

For handling, the DS looks more rugged. It does look like it can take a beating as its little brothers, the gameboys. Unlike the PSP, it looks too fancy to get its hands dirty. Sony should release a case included with the system.

Both systems have great potential. Excellent potential. The PSP does look like it will be the new guy in the gaming handhelds that will stick around. No matter what the price is, Sony always sells. As for Nintendo, they will Rock On. Peace.

Enter a new mobile gaming device: Eve Mobile Gaming Console.

Read about it here.

Oh. My. GOD.

Exactly. I mean I'm a hardcore PC gamer but this thing is going to flop just as bad as the Phantom. But VIA is involved in this and they are pretty big and influential company...I like their mobo chipsets.

Talking about emulation of the DS, how would this be possible with its 2 screen thingy?

Edit:Actually, nevermiond. I just saw the screen shot of the DS. If they were going to emulate the DS, it would have to be some sort of split screen.

Edited by w@cko_J@C/<o