The Semi-return Of Darkstalkers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Capcom made a 2D beat'em-up with weapons like Sammy's Guilty Gear series or SNKP's Samsho series ?

I hope you mean 2D fighting.

EDIT: Well, K`dash beat me to the punch.

@Ash: You can play Star Gladiator 2/ Plasma Sword 2 in ZiNc or MAME.

Edited by Agozer

Technically yes, without the SNK part since this game was stated to be just Sammy and Capcom characters. We could see a 3way VS game since Sammy has SNK's IP's now (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

[butthead]Huh huh three way huh huh, hear that Beavis, three way huh huh [/butthead]

I would love to see SNK vs Capcom vs Sammy

Edit: Hayato kicks ass!

Edited by GryphonKlaw

ive got no idea what plasma sword is...  :(

What's Star Gladiator? If you say that's the game with Hayato, then you're answering your own question.

First comes Star Gladiator, then comes Plasma Sword, the sequal to Star Gladiator.

Both names are good, I just don't see why the damn American branch has to change the names all the time!!!

Edited by Gouken

Yeah, Star Galdiator and Plasma Sword had weapons =/

Yes, but Star Gladiator's a 3D beat'em-up, not a 2D.

yeah but the characters are being redrawn anyways... so 2d 3d or even 4d... it wont matter, its just the character idea theyll be using and making some high quality sprites and hopefully some new moves to go with them so when it comes down to it even that dude in the samurai outfit with the spikes in sfex3 could be used...

Hayato's conversion to 2D was marvelous. He's one of my favorite characters in MvC2.

was hyato from star gladiator? i never knew what he was from... ive got star gladiator somewhere on ps1 but i havent played it in what feels like whatever... infact even when i got it i only played it once or twice... :(

Hayato's conversion to 2D was marvelous. He's one of my favorite characters in MvC2.

was hyato from star gladiator? i never knew what he was from... ive got star gladiator somewhere on ps1 but i havent played it in what feels like whatever... infact even when i got it i only played it once or twice... :(

Yeah, he's the main character.

was hyato from star gladiator? i never knew what he was from... ive got star gladiator somewhere on ps1 but i havent played it in what feels like whatever... infact even when i got it i only played it once or twice... :)

Yeah, he's the main character.

Plasma Sword sucked ass...thats all I have to say...the characters had as much variety as Battle Arena toshinden 3...and the fighting system was straight up boring...stick to Hayato in MVC2...he's a lot better off there...even though he sounds exactly like Kyo...

........even that dude in the samurai outfit with the spikes in sfex3 could be used...

capcom doesn't have the rights to any original characters from the ex series. so don't hold your breath.