How Do I Make Mame Work With Newer Games?

How do I make MAME work with newer games? Games that aren't listed on MAME.

Is there a special version of MAME that allows me to play, for example Metal Slug 5, or is there a file I can get that will activate those games on the list.

I'm using MAME32 Plus! 0.82.

How do I make MAME work with newer games?  Games that aren't listed on MAME.

Is there a special version of MAME that allows me to play, for example Metal Slug 5, or is there a file I can get that will activate those games on the list.

I'm using MAME32 Plus! 0.82.

getting the source code for mame, and getting the source code for the mame build that you use and editing the driver sources, etc

and no, you can't have mine and I'm the worse teacher in the world

yeah, and ppl like me hate it when ppl ask for something it took us 3 days to make when they themselves are too lazy to put it in any effort themselves

hell! I'm not even a programmer

p.s...I'm tired of ppl using the term "hacked" when it comes to something that's open source!!! :D

Edited by Weirdanzeige

I thought mame went closed source after a certain version came out.

No, MAME is, and will always be open source (Their license requires that :D )

They did, however, start removing drivers newer than 2000.

yeah, and ppl like me hate it when ppl ask for something it took us 3 days to make when they themselves are too lazy to put it in any effort themselves

p.s...I'm tired of ppl using the term "hacked" when it comes to something that's open source!!! :P

Three days ?????

lets keep our compiles to our selves and play mslug5 and kof2003 while he tries to compile his version of mame :)

i need to get into compiling mame myself hehe, i've done fba compiles but never mame. other then the neogeo games, what else can be added? i know one game called gun barich worked on some mame32 i had a while ago but don't know any others.

Edited by Prican25

p.s...I'm tired of ppl using the term "hacked" when it comes to something that's open source!!! :P

Three days ?????

lets keep our compiles to our selves and play mslug5 and kof2003 while he tries to compile his version of mame :)

heh heh, yeah, it took me 3 days to finally figure out the whole thing