Cps3, Naomi, Cvs

the thing i dont get is..how is emulating cps3, naomi not possible?.. some people emulated, ps, ps2,..n64..why not cps3 or naomi?.. i know cps3 is in a cd?.. right?.. hm..

i just recently got zn-1 , zn-2 games..like rival schools, and tekken.. strider.. shouldn't that be enough to emulate the cps3 and naomi boards?....argh.!!! :(

but im thankful for neogeo, cps1 and cps2....brought me lots of joy.playing kof, and other fighthing game.s..=)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said its impossible. It's just going to take a while. Chill out, its not the end of the world.

How does it matter if its a CD or not? And emulation for PS, PS2, N64 aren't perfect yet. Hell, SNES isn't fully done yet.

ZN-1 and ZN-2 are nothing remotely close to NAOMI or CPS-3...so how would those be enough for it.

Read more into emulation and then start complaining. CPS-3 and NAOMI are hard because of the encryption of the games and the actual hardware.

Why don't you go buy a Dreamcast and play those games on that?

Edited by GryphonKlaw

You never mentioned the Atomiswave.. to many people in the emulation community im sure this is gonna start taking top priority request wise with so many popular games heading its way... KOF Neowave, Sammy Vs. Capcom, Kof2004, Metal Slug 6 and the next Samurai Shodown (cant remember what the the full title is... :( )

im not complaining.?...yea.i was just wondering.. if people got to emulate things such as ps2...why can't they emulate. cps3..n things like that.>? its just a question. try to read more carefully. im not here to complain. just to get questions answered.. :(

im not complaining.?...yea.i was just wondering.. if people got to emulate things such as ps2...why can't they emulate. cps3..n things like that.>? its just a question.  try to read more carefully. im not here to complain. just to get questions answered..  :(

The only protection a PS2 has is te region lockout chip, which is easily bypassed and doesn't affect games in any other way. The CPS-3's encryption board encrypts/decrypts the data when it's sent through the system. It affects the used data directly.

Edited by Agozer

I also heard that cps3 boards tend to fry when you mess with em, including dumping.

i just recently got zn-1 , zn-2 games..like rival schools, and tekken.. strider.. shouldn't that be enough to emulate the cps3 and naomi boards?....argh.!!! :(

That's not complaining? Oh well whatever, I must have misread.

But I really hope the emulator writers are focusing more on Atomiswave and NAOMI instead of CPS-3. CPS-3 has less than 10 games but Atomiswave is the future.

And since the Atomiswave and NAOMI are enhanced Dreamcasts, it may be a bit easier to do those after Dreamcast is done with. I saw a little GIF of Chanka running Sonic Adventure even though it was only at 6 FPS. It's progress, you have to look at the bright side of life *whistle* *whistle*.

You never mentioned the Atomiswave.. to many people in the emulation community im sure this is gonna start taking top priority request wise with so many popular games heading its way... KOF Neowave, Sammy Vs. Capcom, Kof2004, Metal Slug 6 and the next Samurai Shodown (cant remember what the the full title is... :( )

Technically, it's like a NAOMI, so crack NAOMI, you get access to Dreamcast, which in turn will lead to Atomiswave, which uses brick like carts, that hold mini cds.

Hell, SNES isn't fully done yet.

What's unfinished with that?

Everything I can think of works fine...

The NES emulators though...all of mine run really slow and chop up my music. Someone should fix those first.

It has something to do with the remainding chips in the SNES they want to emulate. Since Some SNES games had a FX Render chip for exmaple.